Monday, December 29, 2014

Monday December 29

We made it to Evanston.
There were a few rough spots on the road.
But for the most part, the drive was good.
I think the ride was more painful for Brent than he anticipated......
But we are here now, and he is a happy boy :)
*****
It took us a while to get going this morning.
Last night Brent and I didn't get to bed until after 1, because we were trying to download some movie son the kindles and such for the ride.
So I never actually got packed up for Brent and I until this morning.
Plus the house was in a big mess....so I made the kids clean up a bit.
They also packed the car up for me.
Which was great.....but I think we packed up about half the stuff in our house to bring to Wyoming.
Silly kids!
Drew and Heather showed up this morning.
Drew was going to meet a drywall guy for us, because we meant to be gone earlier than we actually got going.....
Anyway, they got here a little early to clean things up there.
How awesome are they.
First of all, they know we are pigs, and love us anyway.
But they are so giving and willing to help out in any way.
They are so great!
So Thankful for them!
So we got off about 11.
I wasn't excited about driving.
I am not the best long distance driver......but I did it.
We all made it here alive, so that's good :)
*****
We got dinner on our way in and ate with Grams and Gramps.
It is good to be here.
The Thomson's stopped by for a visit.
They brought some gifts for the little ones.
Awesome gifts too.
Some bath towels with bubble bath and fun bath stuff.
Ninja Turtles for the boy and Doc McStuffins for little bug.
They couldn't have been happier.
We just have a bunch of happy people around here today.
The big boy is happy to be home with his mom and dad.
He is excited about spending time with his dad up at the feed store tomorrow.
I gave Gramps strict instructions to not allow him to do anything but chat.
Elsie Bug couldn't be happier to be right next to Grandma at all times :)
I think this will be a good little break for all.
Now, I need sleep.
To be honest....I'm not sure I have felt this tired since I have had a newborn.......
 
 






2 comments:

Emily Peterson said...

I'm so glad you made it to Evanston safely! Love the pics of Elsie with Grandma Ene! So sweet!

Can't wait to see you guys!

Young family said...

Brent does look content and happy.. glad you made is safe! Way to go kim! See I told you you were a ROCK!