Thursday, February 20, 2014

Thursday February 20

I had my 'birthday' dr. appointment this morning at 8.
So I got up and got the kids ready as much as I could for Dad.
Then headed off.
Only to find out I am 1 week early than my last years appointment.....for insurance to cover it.
Dumb!
Oh well, so I headed back home.
I won't be doing that again :(
****
Dad has been spending a lot of his time with his nose in books.
He is studying hard for the Captains test coming up.
He doesn't really want to take the test, but wants to know what is on it......
So he is trying to get some studying in.
Anyway, he got himself outside today, and I think he enjoyed it.
Getting close to the time we need to start thinking about getting ready for Spring stuff!
*****
Cassi is doing good with jump rope.
She is a bit frustrating though.
It is hard to get her to practice, just like with guitar.
And then she gets mad because she doesn't feel like she is doing as well as the others when she has after school practices.
And then when you try to talk to her about the importance of practicing......well, it's just not sinking in.
She did practice a little after her school practice....but she was already worn out and overly emotional, so that didn't help.
So I hope she can start practicing more and then see improvements, and then understand that it is because of practicing!!!
*****
Elsie sat with me and did homework while I made dinner.
I paid her with cheese :)
Each problem she solved, she got some cheese.
She thought that was pretty great.
 



1 comment:

Emily Peterson said...

That is the cutest look on Elsie's face!