Saturday, February 01, 2014

Saturday February 1

Brent and I have been talking about spending more individual time with the kids.
You know, kid dates.
Well, today turned out to be the day.
The day was going to be a day that I would have to be away from my family most of it.....
But it worked out that I got to spend individual quality time with the girls and Dad got to spend good quality time with the boy :)
Dad, Madi and I went to the gym this morning to start the day off.
I convinced Madi to come to the Insanity class with me and I think she liked it.
It was pretty hard too :)
 Then I had scheduled to take my friend Laura's pictures at her Temple sealing.
Well, yesterday, Annie, Laura's sister and one of my best friends (who came all the way from Minnesota to come to the sealing), asked if I could bring one of my girls to watch her little one, Libby, while she was inside the Temple.
Cassi was overly excited to come with me.
So after lunch, we headed to the Temple.
We walked and looked at the temple before going into the waiting room to wait for Annie and Libby.
Cassi is so good with babies, and she just loves them.
It is fun to watch her.
Then she helped be my camera bag girl when we took the pictures afterwards.
She is a sweet girl and I think she will benefit the most from individual time with her Mom and Dad!
We got home and I took Madi shopping to get some shoes, she has almost worn a hole in her tennis shoes.
So she picked out the same style, but in a different color :)
She is a fun girl to hang out with.
We had fun looking at cute clothes and wishing we had more money to spend.
While Madi and I were gone, Dad left for his time with Porter.
They decided to go to Wahooz.
I guess the kids know who is gonna be the 'fun date' all the time :)
They had a blast and won over 700 tickets.
He got to get a big long stuffed snake (that has followed him everywhere tonight), and he had enough tickets to get something fun for each of his sisters.
Sweet boy.
After the arcade, they went and rode the go-cart.
It was fun to listen to them tell me the story about them beating a bunch of dumb teenagers  :)
Porter was pretty animated!
So the boys had a great time.
At 5:00, I planned to go to our ward baptism.
I am going to take Elsie to all the baptisms this year.
They are all her primary friends.
And I think it will be great prep for her when she gets baptized in August!
She thought it was the greatest thing to watch her friend, Klete, today.
I had a great time with her sitting by my side listening to the talks and watching her excitement.
It was pretty special.
We got home, made dinner, and now we are gathered (except Elsie, our early to bed-er) watching the rest of 'The Hobbit'.
It really was a neat day.
I missed spending much time with Dad.....but we did have a date night last night....and we can have our time once the kiddos go to bed.
I do think it is gonna be very important that we continue to do this kind of individual thing with the kids.
They all loved it so much and we are already thinking of fun things we can do with each other, individually :)
 


 

1 comment:

Emily Peterson said...

What great experiences for each of the kids! Making great memories!