Thursday, January 30, 2014

Thursday January 30

When we got back from Evanston, all our neighbors and friends were complaining about the inversion and how they just needed to get out!
I was like, 'What's the big deal?'
But it wasn't a big deal to me then because I just got back from being in sun!
Fast forward 10 miserable sunless days.....
I now know what they were all talking about.
So today....the sun peaked it beautiful head out.
Porter basked himself in the warmth of the sun.....he also stuffed his stuffed animals in the window sill because they got all nice and toasty.
It was the cutest thing.
Madi Bell got some fun sunny day pictures as well.
She took a cute one of herself in the sun rays, but I have been forbidden to post it.
But I love her shot of the barn.
Very pretty :)
Even the kitty enjoyed the sun, then he got mauled by two cute girlies :)
So it was a pretty great sunny day according to all involved :)
*****
Elsie and Porter have been having fun playing with glue, sticks, and paper.
They made some fun signs this morning.....
Porter did his name all by himself, no help at all.
I think it needs to hang in his room :)
And Elsie, celebrating Halloween, as usual.
That girl cracks me up!
*****
I also finished up the world map painting in Porters room today.
The green paint ended up being a pearl paint....don't know if I like it yet, I might end up painting over it.
And I need to go over the browns and blues again, but for now, I am calling it good :)
And he likes it.
His room is almost done.
I need to find some blinds and get some frames up.
I really like how it turned out :)
 

 

 

 


3 comments:

Emily Peterson said...

Kim!! That map looks amazing!!!! I love it!

Elsie's and Port's stick signs are awesome!! :o)

It was a pretty, sunny day!

Young family said...

Awesome job on the map! Is it right on the wall? It looks like it is.... You always amaze me with what you do! We really loved the sun today too!

Kim said...

Ya....it's right on the wall. I should have put something else by it so you can tell the size....but it takes up a lot of the wall.