Friday, January 24, 2014

Friday January 24

It was kind of a rough morning today....
Madi had a stomach ache, so I told her to go back to bed.
I don't know why mornings are so rough to get everyone going.
It is getting better, but today wasn't very good.
I did get Elsie to write her spelling words, which is awesome.
I had big plans of cleaning the whole house today, top to bottom, spotless.
Ya....didn't go that way.
I stayed busy the whole day doing stuff, but it still feels like I didn't do anything!
Kind of makes me crazy.
Like crazy crazy :(
But a little at a time, eventually it will get clean.
I don't get how people can KEEP a house clean!
Like all the time clean.
I so want that.
There are just so many other things I would rather be doing than scrubbing toilets.
Which I guess is how most people feel, but I just choose to do the other stuff instead of cleaning the toilets.....and everything else.
I guess I am just feeling overwhelmed with all the other stuff I have going on.
I am planning the 'Great to be 8' (baptism preview for the kids getting baptized this year) for this Sunday, and also planning the ward baptism for February 1.
Not really big deals....but I am not an organized person, and I always feel so scattered when I have to PLAN stuff!
(Plus I was asked to say the opening prayer in church on Sunday, which makes me so nervous, so that doesn't help!)
I feel like there is not enough time in the day to clean the house AND do things that are asked of me AND do the stuff I want to do.
I know...I am just a baby.
I should cut out the things I want to do......right?
And then the kids fight, oh they fight.
It really makes me crazy.
Madi and Cassi are the worst.
Madi was pretty good during the day, of course I never asked her to do much except entertain Porter so I could sort laundry and make myself some new laundry soap.....
But the minute Cassi comes home and they are in the same room together......
It is horrible.
I want to lock them in a closet together and make them deal with whatever their problems are with each other.
Makes me a crazy person!
Even more crazy, I guess :)
Well, I did get them to fold their laundry and put them away.
So that's good.
And I did get (some) rooms cleaned and toilets cleaned.....
Maybe if those things stay clean, and I work on the other areas, maybe, just maybe, I could have an entire clean house at the same time!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ehhh, I guess a clean house isn't everything.
My little boy did fall asleep on the couch, so I got to carry him like he was still my little baby and tuck him into his bed.
Not a bad reward for an exhausting day :)
Oh and I forgot to write about the birthday party Elsie had for Wuvey after school today.
Wuvey is Elsie's buffalo pillow pet.
She came home with a banner for the 'party' and Porter wrapped some gifts up and made a cake out of paper with a paper candle on top.
He even tried to hang a piñata.
That didn't work out as well.....
But all the 'cousins' were invited and gathered on Elsie's bed, waiting for Wuvey to come in the room.
Porter brought him in and we all yelled surprise!
Then sang Happy Birthday, of course :)
I didn't get any pictures of the party.....I was too busy celebrating I guess.
But Elsie told all the 'cousins' it was time for a picture, she told me to stand on one end and she was on the other, and she pretended to push the camera button for the picture.
It was so cute, so I thought I wanted one of my own.
Man, that girl has quite the imagination, and I love it.
 



No comments: