Thursday, August 01, 2013

Thursday August 1

It was yard work day.
Dad woke up feeling pretty good and ready to get out and DO something.
I was exhausted and couldn't get myself to run....
But Elsie had PT early today, so we got dressed and headed out there.
Katie is so cute.
About one more month until the baby's will be here for sure.
She is due Sept. 22, but will be induced Sept. 5.
But she went in for a stress test yesterday because they are a little concerned about the growth of one of the babies.
And they told her she was having all kinds of contractions, that she didn't know about.
So they gave her some medicine to stop that, cause now is too early.
She is doing really good...considering the stress he has with the babies and her clinic.
Can't wait to see those babies!
*****
I got home and the girls were mowing and weed eating the lawns.
I got Port and Elsie some early lunch and got Porter to bed so I could go out and help the girls.
Dad was on the tractor mowing the fields.
He is doing pretty good.
I don't think he pushed too hard today, but he definitely didn't take it too easy either.
He is on ice right now, but I think he is happy to be back doing some stuff around the place.
I took mowing over from Madi about half way through.
I like mowing.
I think it is relaxing and fun.
Of course that's on a riding mower...but I don't mind the walking one either :)
And Madi took over mowing for Dad in the fields, on the tractor.
She was pretty awesome on there.
Kind of fun for the kids to be able to learn how to do things around the place.
The kids cleaned out the bunny poop from the barn and some other chores that needed to get done.
I took some pictures of the older bunnies, because we need to get rid of them!
*****
After dinner, Dad and I went out to move sprinklers and spray weeds when a big wind storm rolled in.
The kids ran out so excited to play in the wind, while dad and I are trying to save the swimming pool cover and get the barn closed up.
Those kids are funny.
A few big branches fell too that Dad and I drug down to the barn.
We are always losing big branches in storms...but I guess it is a good thing they are getting down.
Just don't want anything damaged when they fall...
*****
And we have watermelon growing!
Lots of them!
And cantaloupes.
It will be a fun garden when they start getting ready to eat.
 

 
 





1 comment:

Emily Peterson said...

Windy Day!! Love the pictures of the kids playing in the wind!!