Sunday, July 28, 2013

Sunday July 28

Church went great today.
Both Porter and Elsie cried and didn't want to go to class....
I thought I was in big trouble....
Porter gave the talk (Elsie was supposed to, but I wasn't gonna push it) and then he said he didn't want to go to class.
But during sharing time, he and I and Elsie went and sat with his class.
I had to go to another class for a little bit to take the teachers place while she shared about her temple experience.....
And when I got back to Port and Elsie, Porter had decided that it was okay to stay in class.
AND he was giving Elsie a pep talk about going to her class.
Silly boy.
I went and sat with her in her class.....and got her to go to class once sharing time was over.
Silly kids!
Kind of drive me nuts!
Church was good the rest of the time.
We got home and had a restful rest of the day.
Cassi painted a painting, with some help from me.
I LOVE that my kids love art too....
Like, really LOVE it and wish we could do it more often!
After her painting, she played some guitar for us.
We have yet to get the big guitar ready for her to use.
Just wish we had a guitar store closer to where we run our errands.....
But I do think she might be ready for the bigger size.
So does her guitar teacher.
We will see.
*****
Elsie played with her play dough and did some painting too.
Oh and some cutting and gluing.
She took an old cereal box and cuts up pieces of paper and glues it to the box.
She thinks it is the greatest.
She is an artistic one too.
I always love what she creates.
I think we are getting better about keeping art supplies out of the mouth.....but she still does it and it drives me crazy!
*****
Madi REALLY wanted to try and curl her hair herself.
So I told her what she needed to do, and she got to work on it.
I have to say it did take a long time....but I told her it would get easier.
When she was done, I think it turned out pretty good.
She didn't really want me taking pictures and I had to clear these pictures in order to post them on the blog.
So I guess we are entering that stage in life.....
*****
Porter played his DS until it broke by Port falling off the stool while holding the DS.
Then he was devastated.
I was kind of happy......kind of.
But it was his 'best friend' Tyler's birthday today.
The 'best friend' who is now 10 years old.....
Cracks me up that Porter thinks he is his best friend.
Anyway, Porter and I made some muddy buddies to take to him and Porter painted him a transformer card and then he painted the bag we put the muddy buddies in.
Good work buddy :)
Then I left the girls home and he and I took the gift to Tyler.
Tyler is so cute and he gives Porter so much attention.
That is why Port thinks he is his best friend :)
Tyler took him to his room to show him the aquarium he got for his birthday.
Porter was so shy and quiet the whole time.
But once we got in the car, he didn't stop talking about Tyler.
So funny.
We need to have Jackson over for a play date, he is Tyler's little brother that is Port's age.
But I still think he will think Tyler is the bomb!
 







 
(Take a look at Madi in the background.....that was in November of 2011...she is growing up fast!)

1 comment: