Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Wednesday March 20

It was a crazy packed filled day.
And we still have lots of packing to get done to leave tomorrow!
I went with Elsie on her school field trip to Planet Kid.
Right away I felt a little sad.
Elsie couldn't do all the ropes courses and climbing stuff that all her little friends were doing.
She could crawl up into one little net entrance into the ball pit with some help.
And then she ran around on the pads.
But that is all she could do.
Mrs. Jodie and I watched her....she didn't care.
She didn't feel sorry or like she was missing out on anything.
She was loving it.
Mrs. Jodie even got clearance for her to go into the spot that was reserved for the 2 year olds and under....which had a ton of things she could do.
But she wanted to stay near her friends.
And I don't blame her.
She was so excited to see her friend Sam, who changed to the afternoon class last month.
His mom and I watched them in the ball pit.
Sam had his arms up protecting Elsie from people throwing balls.
Sam saying "Don't throw the balls. Your gonna hit Elsie! Don't hit Elsie!"
And he followed her around to help her and protect her.
It really was just the sweetest thing.
I LOVE Elsie's class.
There is a certain tenderness that each of those kids have.
They all have so much love for Elsie and don't think of her as being different or weird.
It makes me smile that these are the kids that will be her cheering team as they go through Elementary school together.
And I know they will be there for her, even if they aren't in the same classes.
They will have her back for sure!
*****
After the field trip, I came home and made cookies for our activity days activity tonight.
We went roller skating....and besides two really hard falls I took, it was a lot of fun.That took up three hours of the night.
It was fun for me to be there with the two big girls.
Dad took the little ones out for some fun too.
Gun buying fun :)
And exploding target fun.
Once we all got home, we got the kiddos all packed up.
Now Brent and I need to get packed....and get the car stuff ready.
Earlier in the day, after the field trip, Porter and Elsie packed their own bags.
We have enough stuffed animals to last a lifetime :)
I packed them new ones.....I sure hope they aren't mad.
I have a feeling that the boy will be a little mad.
As I was putting him to bed, i said I would have to add a few things to his bag.
He looked at me with a crazy face, "Why?"
I said "Did you pack pants?"
"Yup"
"Did you pack shirts"
"Yup"
(that one was a silly question.....he packed his spider man shirt and his Batman shirt, of course....)
"Did you pack underwear?"
"Yup"
"Blankets?"
"Yup, my Emmy blankets and my little blankets"
I said, "Do you want to take your little blanket to bed tonight?"
"No, I am fine."
He was very sure he was completely ready and packed for his trip.....maybe I will just take his packed bag as well as the one I packed....
*****
I have pictures to add......
Maybe I will get to that sometime soon.
Hopefully.

1 comment:

Young family said...

have a super fun trip and be careful! can't wait to hear all about it-
And hope brent does okay with the drive.