Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Wednesday January 23

Happy Birthday DAD!!!!
Poor Dad had to work on his birthday.
The kids and I have been making plans to surprise him for his birthday.
First I cleared it with Madi to make sure it was okay that she missed a little bit of school so we could go and surprise Dad int he morning and take him cinnamon rolls.
She was okay with it....so we were good to go :)
I worked last night to get the cinnamon rolls all ready to get out and cook first thing in the morning.
I tried a new recipe....and I am very pleased with it.
They turned out perfect :)
Anyway....I told Dad that Madi wanted to call him before she headed to school.....and then the plan was for us to already be at the station and she would tell him to come outside....
But as we were driving to the station, he sent me a text saying he was leaving on a fire and she would call when he got back.
We still drove to the station....I figured we could wait for a while, and if it took too long, we would just leave the rolls at the door and give him a call later.
But lucky us, it was a small chimney fire and they actually got to the fire station just before we showed up.
The kids were so excited to see him for his birthday :)
Porter had a very special present picked out for Dad.
He was so excited for him to open it.
Transformer Lego's....so cool!
He can't wait to put them together with Dad when he gets home tomorrow!
Porter also made sure to take his DS with him so he could show Dad how many coins he had earned....that boy sure loves his Dad!
Oh and the guys at the station made him a nice expensive dinner for his birthday, so that was nice of them.
Hopefully we can celebrate as a family sometime this weekend.
Happy Birthday Dad!
We LOVE you!!!!
*****
Poor Mittens has been locked in Dads shop since Monday night.
Madi went looking for her and found her in the shop.
Poor kitty was hungry.
But at least she was pretty warm in the shop :)
I let Port bring her in for a little bit once we got her some food and water.
I made him stay on the rug right by the door.....
He sat there for a long time with her....it was pretty cute.
I really hate cats....but for some reason I kinda like this one.....
*****
Tonight we had activity days....
My friend watched the little ones while I took her big ones to activity days.
When we got back she invited us to stay for dinner...
And since she is an amazing cook, and I had only planned to have leftovers.....I was happy to accept :)
So I got the kids home, little ones in bed....big ones homework done, then in bed....now I need to clean the kitchen...
 





1 comment: