Thursday, November 22, 2012

Thursday November 22

We took advantage of the beautiful day to take some pictures....weird right???
Well, not for me :)
We had some time before dinner was ready.
And I wanted to get a picture of the kiddos anyway....and why not add Brent and I in for a quick shot.
And lucky for me, Emmy was here to take it :)
We did already get family pictures done....but you can never have enough, according to me anyway.
 

I am so Thankful for my little family.
So Thankful for the hard workers they are.
The love that they give and the sweet moments we have together.
We have our rough times....
We fight a lot.
But we are always on the same team....we always come together in the end.
 


Glad to get a good shot of my man and I.
I am so Thankful for him.
 

I am also so Thankful that Emmy came to stay with us for Thanksgiving.
We all had so much fun.
And little Elsie was in heaven :)
We will sure miss her when she is back home.
I am thankful for the huge role she is in my kids lives!
*****
The big girls were great helpers this morning getting stuff ready for the big dinner.
 

They had fun having there own 'jobs'.
 


Then it was time to set the table and carve the bird.
Oh my goodness, Emmy had the best way to cook the turkey.
We put it in the crock pot with two cans of cranberry's and 2 packets of Lipton's onion soup.
It was in there for a little over 5 hours....
THE BEST TURKEY EVER!!!!!
It was so moist and yummy and perfect.
And I am not a turkey fan.
I was very impressed.
 


This branch was a bit of an inside joke.
This morning we saw on the Today show some center pieces people made.
Brent saw the one with the branch and said 'I could do that' (totally making fun...)
And from then on the joke was on.
I asked Cassi if she would gather the perfect limb for Daddy's center piece.
Then the big girls colored on sheets of labels and we wrote things we were Thankful for on them.
Then stuck it on the tree branch.
Just Might have to be a new tradition.
 

 
The big girls also made our place setters to go on the back of our seats.
Cute little colorful turkeys.
They were so cute and perfect for the day.
*****
It was a fun day spent together.
We just ate pies.
SO YUMMY!!!!
Now we are watching a movie and soon it will be bedtime.
Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments: