Saturday, June 23, 2012

Saturday June 23

Ah.....
This is the life.
For real.
It is hard for me to understand why a life like ours isn't wanted by everyone :)
But I guess that is what makes the world go round....all the different people in it.
We had some visitors this morning.
The Young girls came over to see our baby goats.
They got to feed them a little snack.
The kids had fun running all around and chasing the other 'kids' :)
Then Heather took Madi and Cassi with her to her house and the girls got to swim with the Young girls.
So they were very excited about that.
Dad and I got a lot of stuff done.
He did more....as usual.
The guy doesn't stop.
Not even to eat, unless I make him.
We waited to long to burn our burn pile....so Brent loaded it all and he took it to a place that makes it into wood chips.
It looks great to have that space cleared :)
There was a lot of wood there.
Now we will work on watering all that area and make it green.
We did a lot of watering today.
I am loving the sprinkler system Brent came up with.
It is gonna be perfect for what we need to do to make everything green :)


We had a little picnic dinner tonight in the backyard.
Yep...that's the deck...still with no railing.
Soon.
But it sure is awesome!!!


Dad shared his special Fathers Day root beer with Port...
That boy loves his pop.
*****
After dinner, the heat had started to cool off.
As I weeded my garden, and Dad mowed down the field....the kiddos played and ran around the backyard coming up with fun games to play.
Not many games you can play with just 4 kids, let alone ones that will entertain the 10-3 age range :)
The played duck-duck goose, red rover, piggy back rides and their own version of capture the flag....
They had fun, with minimal fighting.
It made me happy to look over at them, and at dad on his tractor, and all around our place and how far things have come.
It makes me excited and happy.
Then when I talked to Brent, he told me that he was thinking the same thing.
How great this all is :)

No comments: