Thursday, May 24, 2012

Thursday May 24

This morning I was exhausted.
After getting the big girls off to school, Dad sent me back to bed :)
I had a nice little nap.....
When I woke up I saw dad talking to Drew outside and porter and Elsie on the couch watching TV eating popcorn.
When they saw me Porter told me "I made popcorn for Elsie."
I thought....no way....he didn't make it.
I figured Dad got it for them and put it in a bowl before going out.
Then I went in the kitchen and saw butter drips all over the floor.
So I guess he did make it.
They were so cute cuddled up together with blankets piled up on top of them eating from their bowl of VERY buttery popcorn.
Here is a tip.
If you like REALLY buttery popcorn, only pop your corn for 30 seconds.
That way you have less popcorn for all the butter to get on :)
Pretty sure that is how Port thought it through.
When Dad came in we asked Port to show us how he did it.
He went to the pantry, got some popcorn, crawled up on the stool next to the microwave, tore open the package and stuck it inside.
Then he pushed three button right in a row.
He pushed the 'stop/clear' button, then the add '30 seconds button' and then he hit the 'start' button.
Little stinker.
We told him how sweet it was that he wanted to take care of Elsie....but we also told him that the butter is VERY hot and could have burned him and that so many other things could have gone wrong.
And that maybe he shouldn't do it by himself anymore.


Sweet kiddos :)
Snacking on some very buttery popcorn.
Both of them had yellow faces around their mouths when they were done from the butter.
Gross.
*****
The rest of the day, we worked on the barn.
I had to take Elsie to PT, but when we got back and got Porter to bed, I headed out to help Dad.
I think I help him sometimes.....but maybe I frustrate him a little more than I help.....
But we did get a lot done.
I do think he can claim that he built it on his own, cause I didn't do much :)
For dinner we all had our little picnic inside the barn.
The kids think it is pretty fun.






I am proud to say that a lot of this barn is from salvaged wood.
I know some of you will be proud and others will roll your eyes at us....but that's okay.
This is just the way we do things.
We did have to buy the sheeting....
But we got the trusses from a barn that was torn down.
And the 2x6x14 pieces of Wood....well we have found all of them laying around our place here.
There are so many of them.
Just waiting for us to build something :)
There will be an awning off of each side eventually with the chickens in the one off to the left side.
Still some work to do....but good progress I think :)

1 comment:

Emily Peterson said...

That was some buttery popcorn!!!