Thursday, March 22, 2012

Thursday March 22

Elsie had a pretty rough night last night.
Just sleepless and also hitting her nose at some point on her bed and getting a bloody nose :(
Poor girl.
So I kept her home from school, cause I knew she would be exhausted.
I also cancelled her P.T. appointment with Katie.
I THOUGHT that she MIGHT take a nap.......
Ya, that didn't happen.
I had to go to the school for Port's evaluation results.
While I sat with the group of teachers going over the papers.....Port and Elsie got to go play with the preschool kids.
They had a lot of fun.
They were talking about farm animals and the son of one of the teachers brought in his goats, bunnies and chickens.
Pretty fun for the kids.
When we got home, I got Port down for a nap and thought Elsie could just relax.....
I moved the couches off the floor so I could sweep and mop and this is what Elsie ended up doing.
I guess she thought she would work in her own little P.T. session.
Katie would be so proud!

And, I had to throw in a video....cause she is just too much fun to watch.

Before dinner, she was playing with some domino's.....and working on her squatting.
That is a big thing we have been working on with Katie.
She was doing AWESOME!
Look how far she bent down!

You rock Elsie!!!
*****
On a side note....today could have gone very differently for our little Port man.
He was in his room for a time-out earlier today when I heard a loud boom.
I ran downstairs to find him curled up at the head of his bed and the armoire in his room fallen over at the bottom half of his bed.
Every time I go in there I think we need to anchor that thing.
I have absolutely NO IDEA how it fell down and did not fall on him.
He had most of the toys and books pulled out of it.
Makes me think he was climbing to get the stuff....
But how could it have fallen and he not be UNDER the armoire???
I don't see anyway it could have happened.
My boy was being watched over, that is for sure.
I hate it when my mind goes to that 'What if' place.
Oh man....it could have been so bad.
And he was SO SCARED!
I just picked him up and held him for quite a while.
My poor boy.
I pulled the armoire out, of course, until we can get it anchored in.
I feel like a horrible Mom for all the times I thought, "We should anchor that thing", but didn't.
So....anchor EVERYTHING!!!!!

 

1 comment:

Emily Peterson said...

I LOVE that video of Elsie!! Good Job Elsie Rose!!

I'm so glad and thankful that Port is okay. He was definitely being watched over.