Monday, March 26, 2012

Monday March 26

Well.....the pouring rain this morning spoiled out plans for the day.
We hung out inside for the morning.
Madi wants to learn to quilt.
I showed her some basic easy quilt designs and she picked one.
Then I gave her the scraps from the quilt I made for her and she got started.
She had to do some ironing first, and then she cut some strips.
I had to help her cut a little, my blade is really dull, so it was a bit frustrating for her.
I need to get me a new blade.
Anyway....then she sat and started to sew strips together to make herself a coin quilt.
I can't wait to see how it turns out.
She is having a lot of fun with it.
It makes me happy to see her want to do the things that I love to do :)
*****
Before lunch, the Youngs called and invited us to go to Burger King and then to the movies.
We couldn't finish our to-do list when it was pouring rain.
So we decided it might be a fun change of scenery.
We went and saw "We bought a zoo."
I think we all really enjoyed the movie and our wrestle with Porter wasn't completely distracting....for me anyway.
I can't say much for those around us :)
It was right at his nap time....I thought maybe he would relax and just MAYBE go to sleep.
No such luck.
Oh well.
After the movie we stopped at Costco to buy some milk and strawberries and a few other items.
When we got home, the rain had stopped.
So we got our work clothes on and started to get some stuff done.
Not too much later, we had another rain storm, which we weathered in dads shop.
Once it stopped we started to prune some more trees.
Dad cut a bunch of branches for our neighbor who likes to use them in his BBQ.
After some hard work, and a lot of play, and no more sun....we headed indoors for a simple dinner and ice cream and bed.
I hope they all sleep good tonight :)

1 comment:

Emily Peterson said...

Sounds like a good day!