Friday, September 09, 2011

Friday September 9

Last Friday Cassi told me that her teacher picks a couple kids a week to come and get a prize out of the prize box.
She said her name wasn't picked, but that the prize box had the most fabulous prize in there.
It was a dictionary.
She told me that if she was lucky enough for the dictionary to still be there when her name was picked, then she would take it for her own.
Well, little Cass got her wish today.
Her name was in fact picked.
And that book, well, it was still unpicked :)
She was so excited!
She cracks me up.
She did actually lay outside and read it for a while.
She makes me smile.



Yesterday she came home from school with a VERY loose tooth.
So loose, i thought for sure it would just fall out.
She begged me not to touch it cause if you lose it at school, according to her, then you get to have a little treasure box to put your tooth in.
I told her she better pull it out, or she would end up swallowing it when she sleeps.
Well, first thing she did this morning was show me that the tooth was still in tact....barely, but it was there.
She said that it fell out right away at school, and she got her little treasure box.
Again, she makes me smile :)
*****
My sister found a website that includes fun crafts for kids.
I saw this one and had to try it out.
I actually had all the ingredients, and it mixed up nice and quick.
I did it a few hours before the girls got out of school, so it would be all ready to go when they got home.
But I shouldn't have done that.
It kinda dried up....so I added some water and mixed it up, and it worked.
It was goopy, but it worked.
Next time I will just make it when they want to use it, cause it didn't take very long.






One small problem though.....food coloring.
It stains.
The girls weren't too bad, cause they were careful.
But Port, he was covered.
I hosed him off to get most of it off.
But that was a bad idea too.
I went inside to see what the big girls were doing, and that is when Porter turned the hose on Elsie.
Elsie flipped out.
Port got in big trouble.
He kept saying he as sorry....I am sure part of him thought he was helping, but he also knew he was causing some trouble.
Little stinker.
I guess I should know better and not leave the hose fully charged!

2 comments:

MegJill said...

So funny that she thought the dictionary might be gone! Hahaha. I'm glad she got it and gave it a good home. That's really cute that she wanted it so bad!
Her little tiny treasure box is cute too. Glad her tooth stayed in long enough to get one. :)

Books = Possibilities said...

That is a nice dictionary! I'm so glad that she got it.

That fingerpaint looks like loads of fun. I wonder if there is another way you can get the pigment without using food coloring.....