Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Wednesday July 27

Cassi's child center got left outside last night, and all morning today.
The crayons didn't make it.
I went outside and noticed them, and almost got mad at Cassi for not cleaning up last night.
But then I thought, 'That poor girl gets yelled at kind of a lot.'
So I didn't get mad.
I mean really, the box of crayons were only 25 cents.
No big deal.
So I changed my attitude and had she and Madi come out to check out how cool they looked....
And the fun kind of art they could do with it.

So they spent some time outside making melted crayon art.....which actually did end up in a big mess.
But they cleaned it up, so that works for me.
It looked pretty cool.
I started thinking it would be fun to take crayon shavings and place them on a paper, then go set it out in the sun.
I am sure we will try it out :)


(p.s. Cassi isn't always getting yelled at. But I do feel like I am calling her out on a lot of things. She reminds me a lot of what I must have been like as a kid. Kinda forgetful and clumsy, and a bit careless. But we love her so much for who she is....and she brings a lot of spunk to the family.....so I am trying hard not to make a big deal out of the stuff that she really doesn't mean to do.....)

2 comments:

Jilene said...

you are a good mom. so glad my kids aren't the only ones who "forget" to clean up their messes! :-)

Emily Peterson said...

Very very cool crayon art!!