Saturday, June 25, 2011

Saturday June 25

I should have taken way more pictures than I did today.
But at least I took some.
First of all.....at night Brent and Porter have little talks about what you need to build certain stuff.
Last night they talked about what they would need to build a house.
This morning Porter got up and asked Dad if they could build a big house.
It took a while to figure out what he was saying.....but finally figured it out.
Dad was happy to take the boy out to the garage.
But instead of a big house.....they decided to build a dump truck for the boy.
Porter was a helper for a little while.
Eventually Cassi ended up in the garage.
She decided she wanted to build a puppy house for Elsie's puppy.
Cassi made the plans and drew it all out for dad to make the cuts.
Cassi is a great little student.
She has a great time out there with Dad.
I am sure eventually Porter will be able to focus a little longer and help Dad out more.....
But Cassi sure loved it.
And Elsie loves her puppy house.
It was very sweet of Cassi to make it for her.

The other girls spent some time filling up water balloons.
They were pretty tough to fill, and I don't think much else came of it, except them getting wet filling them.
Oh well, they stayed busy for a while.
*****
We ended up playing games with the girls inside.
I wish I would have gotten a picture of it.
Cause Aarynn would have been included.
Lily and Cassi also spent the whole afternoon selling juice and Popsicles again.
I think they only made $2.00 today.
Still not bad for a good chunk of quiet time.
*****
Then it was time for April and her family to get ready and leave to the wedding that was a 2 hour drive away.
We waited for Port to wake up from his nap and we went swimming.
I wish I had pictures of swimming too.
Oh well.
We invited the Young family to come with us.
The girls......lots of them.....had a lot of fun.
*****
After swimming, we decided to take the kids out to Primos Pizza.
We went with the Young's there too....
I am pretty sure that we got our moneys worth of pizza out of that joint.
*****
Then the Young's invited us to their house for some ice cream sandwiches.
On the way we had to stop off at a certain craft store, Hobby Lobby, to get a special item that Brent needed for the dump truck he and Porter (kinda Porter) are making.
He said that is the one and only time he will need anything from a craft store.
I waited in the car while he ran in.
The kids and I played a fun game....
We blasted the music and we each took turn adding a dance move onto the person before you.
Boy, I wish I had a picture of them dancing!!!!!
I think it would be really fun to do not cramped in the car....but it was a blast.
When Brent came out, he saw me dancing like a maniac in the front seat of the car..... :)
But the kids had fun, and that is what matters!
*****
Then we hung out at the Young's house for a little bit.
We sure are grateful for that family!
Thanks for being such great friends.
You really are our Idaho family!
*****
Now the girls are up in bed watching a movie.....
We threw the king mattress onto the two twin beds pushed together....gave Port one twin and put the other twin on the floor and have another blow up mattress on the floor.
So all 8 girls are fitting in the room.
It works out great!
*****
We aren't sure when the Davidson family will show up tonight....and I hope they have a safe drive home!
*****
I am tired!
*****
Okay....here is the dump truck.
It is still in the works.
But pretty tough lookin' right?
Even if the wheels are from Hobby Lobby :)

3 comments:

The Holdaway Family said...

Oh, my girls are having so much fun!

Books = Possibilities said...

Oh....you do have Idaho family, Kimmo....just not CLOSE Idaho family!

We enjoyed staying with you! Thanks so much!

MegJill said...

What a cute little truck they are making! I don't think I could stay in the car while my husband ran into Hobby Lobby. I would want to go in too! That might just be because we don't have one close though. We have to drive 2 hours away to get to one.
I haven't been on blogs as much lately with the baby and summer, but I just have to say a few things now that I am finally here!
First, cograts to Cassi on her play! She really is a cute little girl, especially seeing her with her guitar. Makes me want to learn too!
Also, your living room (that you showed a few post back) is so pretty! I LOVE your white window frames with pictures. And your clock. And the board and batten walls. And the cute lamp. I've been wanting to do board and batten in our family room for a while now. Just gotta convince the husband that he can cut the wood and help 'cause I don't actually want to do it by myself!
Are you doing another challenge again soon? If I'm thinking right, you should be getting close to ending the last one. I want to join the next one!!! Feeling ready now that the baby is a few months old and a speck more predictable. And I NEED the challenge to motivate me to move my body and keep my hand out of the candy jar!