Thursday, May 26, 2011

Thursday May 26

School is almost out.
The kids are having so much fun in school with all the fun activities they have planned.
They enjoyed each other and the nice weather this afternoon.
I have mixed feelings about the school year being over.
I am excited about all the fun things we have planned for the summer.....
But I am not looking forward to all the fights....and them getting bored with each other.
So I guess I will just have to try hard to keep them busy, right?

*********
And I just had to add this.
Grandma Ene is such a sweetie.
Over the last few months she has sent these cute trophies that she has made for the girls for various accomplishments they have made.
Grandma makes them out of stuff she has hanging around the house.....
And boy are these things treasured possessions.
Thanks Grandma for being so sweet and thoughtful.

4 comments:

Brittany said...

Oh man, I sure love that little grandma of ours! She is so cute! What great trophies!

Mangelson's said...

Summer is hard, but what helped me last year, that might be helpful is that I came up with a "bored" jar. My kids watch them selves during the summer because I work, so I made them a daily schedule with the things they have to do, (get dressed, eat breakfast, chores, etc.) then I allowed for some free time. If they can't come up with something on their own they go to the jar and draw out a slip of paper which gives them an idea of something to do. (write a poem, draw a giant picture with chalk, etc) I just looked online for ideas. I came up with 100 of them. That way they aren't watching tv the whole day. Anyway, I hope this helps a little. PS - I love the little trophies.

The Holdaway Family said...

I love the little tropheys!

Let me know what activities you do so I can do some too!

skcoe said...

Oh my CUTENESS! What treasures.