Friday, April 01, 2011

Our Piano finds a home....at OUR house!

We finally went to pick up our piano today!
I am so excited.....and Brent is starting to love it too.
I am kinda sad to put it in front of the windows.....but I actually think it helps 'complete' the room.
Before I felt like it was cut in half, one side for watching TV....and the other half had, well...nothing.
So now it has a piano and I just love it.
Madi is so excited to start learning.
We still need to get it tuned....it isn't badly out of tune, but still needs to be done.
And it is beat up and needs love, but for now, I think it looks just fine.
I do have old beat up windows all around my house, antique furniture.....old beat-up stuff in my thang!

******
Also, we (well, Brent) put in 3 raised planter boxes today....so I will be planting our peas sometime soon, and lots more fun stuff later on!
So excited!

5 comments:

Books = Possibilities said...

Great piano! Are you still planning on painting it a fun color? Or leave it "beat up"?

Emily Peterson said...

So exciting!!!

Jilene said...

that's awesome. I will tell you though that a piano needs to be on an inside wall because the sun will cause it to go out of tune faster. I know it's not always possible to have it in a place like that, but it's the best place for it. enjoy your piano! madeline loves taking lessons and playing it!

Nicole Ray said...

Hey Kim,
I don't know if you already have someone lined up but I have been teaching piano! I am taking a break in May when this baby comes but plan on doing a summer course of about six lessons that fits your schedule (aka vacations). Let me know if you are interested, and it is a beautiful piano- very similar to mine!

MegJill said...

Beautiful piano!!! I love the old look fashioned look of it. Like a Little Women piano!
I have been wanting to comment on so many of your posts but it is sooo hard with a new baby, one hand and not much time!
Loved hearing Elsie's story. What a brave, happy girl she seems to be! So glad you shared it.