Friday, February 18, 2011

Lots of sore fingers ahead.

I made a quilt for Madi for her birthday last August.
Well, I made the quilt top.
I didn't have time to actually quilt it.
I know...surprise, surprise!
Well, six months later...look what we are doing!

It was Emily's suggestion that we set it up while she was here so she could help out.
And I think she knew that once it was up...I HAD to get it done and out of the way.
I mean, it is in the middle of the front room!
I look forward to some one-on-one time in the next few days with Madi putting stitches in her quilt.
And I am VERY excited to get it done.
I told her that it will be something that she cherishes forever.
She said that she might out-grow it.
Well, the back is a king size sheet....so I am pretty sure she won't be growing out of this.
I really do hope she treasures it and that she will always know that it was made out of love from her momma.
I am pretty sure she will.
(Just a little info...that is not toilet paper in the picture...that is the roll of thread/string we are quilting with.)
The boys were having a tough time watching the movie as we were quilting with the light on.
So they found a solution.
Like father, like son.
Love it.

5 comments:

The Holdaway Family said...

It will be such a fun project for you and Madi to do together! I still remember doing my quilt with Grandma!

Books = Possibilities said...

She'll have fonder memories quilting it with you than just having you quilt it for her! Great idea, Emily!

Unknown said...

How precious!

Young family said...

Can't wait to see it when it is all finished. You are awesome for involving Madi in finishing it.
Love the picture of Brent and Porter.TWINS!!

Emily Peterson said...

I'm looking forward to seeing the finished quilt!! I think it will look really cool!