Thursday, January 20, 2011

Warmer weather

It is a little bit warmer here than it was in Evanston and Utah.
We had lots of fun in the snow....but it is nice to be back.
But I would love it to warm up even more.
I am so done with the cold weather.
The kids played outside for a while today and I am sure they will go to bed good and exhausted!!!
******************************
Something exciting happened.
BEWARE: potty talk ahead.
We have been trying to get Elsie to go potty.
While we were at Grandma Enes house, we printed out a picture of a doll stroller for her to earn by going potty.
All day today she has been good about sitting on the potty.
Nothing happening, but she was willing to sit, which was good.
Well, the last few times, you could tell she needed to poop.
Well, she would try and than want to get off.
The last time, I sat her on the potty, gave her a book and left the room for a minute.
Next thing I know I hear a blood curdling scream come from the bathroom.
Elsie pooped.
Elsie was a LITTLE overwhelmed by emotion.
She seemed to be terrified at what happened.
But also excited about the stroller.
It took me a LONG time to calm her down.
I hope she wasn't too spooked to get on the potty again tomorrow!
Lets keep our fingers crossed!


8 comments:

Chalisse Martineau said...

Way to go Elsie! We definitely will keep our fingers crossed.

jessica Smith-fisher said...

What an exciting start! There is a great book out there called "Everyone poops" It is cute and might help her to know that it is normal. Best of wishes!
Jessica

jessica Smith-fisher said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Books = Possibilities said...

Oh, that makes me laugh! That Elsie is a constant adventure! WAY TO GO!

Hey, Aarynn's shoes are neon green at the bottom, too! Fun stuff!

Books = Possibilities said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Bald n Beautiful said...

I would give anything for your cold weather. Today we are going to be somewhere in the -30s with wind chill and of course we still have school. Still dreaming of moving back to Idaho and living by Kim and Jenni again!!

Young family said...

The picture of Madi is cute! Way to go Elsie.. We hope things go well today for her on the potty. I think the first poop for most kids is a little scary. At least it has been for my girls...

The Holdaway Family said...

I am so ready for warm weather here in Utah!!!

Way to go Elsie! You can do it!