Saturday, January 22, 2011

Long day...

It was kind of a long day today.
But I guess it always is after I haven't been alone with the kids for almost 2 weeks.
But at least I got a work-out in...that always helps with a long day...
I did have a work-out buddy.
I ran on my treadmill in the garage...and Cassi stayed out there with me (on the hood of the car) and read her book.
Pretty much the rest of the day was consumed with potty training.
NOTHING happened until 3:00 this afternoon.
She kept catching herself, then couldn't go once we got on the potty.
Every time she sits on the potty, she tells me to 'make a funny face' or 'tickle me'...
Finally she went at 3:00...freaked out still, but a little less.
She also pooped 3 times today!
I call that very successful!
She is a PRO at holding it...I hardly worry at all about an accident.
BUT....I do worry about the side effects of  her not emptying her bladder, or holding it for too long...
But I guess all we can do is work on it.
I bought some pull-ups to use for church tomorrow...hopefully it goes okay.
I am very excited for her!!!
She is very excited too...she keeps telling us "I'm a BIG girl".
And it is totally cute in her sweet little voice!

3 comments:

Emily Peterson said...

It sounds like potty training is progressing along! I am so excited for "Big Girl" Elsie!!!

Books = Possibilities said...

Love that pic of Cassi! Is she big into Junie B. Jones? I didn't really like that series until I read one aloud to my 1st graders last year. They LOVED it...so I've grown to appreciate Junie B. (Plus, Aarynn's first chapter books were from this series).

Keep up the good work, Elsie!

The Holdaway Family said...

Cassi looks so cute here, what a sweetheart to keep you company!