Sunday, December 05, 2010

Rough Day.

We all have our bad days.
But I always feel so bad when Elsie has a bad day.
The way she feels seems to be very weather related.
When it is cold her muscles seem to get really tight and stiff and makes it hard for her to walk.
So she falls a lot but she is a good sport, and just gets up and keeps on going.
So today was one of those days.
She seemed to sleep really well last night, and slept in till a good time this morning.
She was pretty stiff this morning, and she fell down a lot, but she was still happy.
We got all ready and went to church (minus Dad, he is working).
She fell a few times and even scratched her arm bad enough that I had to take her out of sacrament...with Porter following behind me, with his way-too-short pants that I was hoping no one would notice..ha!
Everyone was looking.
Anyway, she calmed down and was really excited about going to primary.
She loves Sister Roll!
But we noticed a rip in her dress.
I tried to fix it with paper clips.
Took her to class, and it didn't hold, and she got upset so I had to go get her.
Then I thought about using the stapler!
We went to the library, borrowed the stapler, and ran to the bathroom to fix her dress.
It worked great...(until it comes time for me to try and take out all those staples!!!)
She went back to class and all was going good and a little while later someone came to get me cause she was having a melt down.
Poor girl.
She was just so exhausted!
It takes so much of her energy to get herself around with she is so stiff!
I took her and rocked her and she fell asleep.
So I got to enjoy Relief Society, and that was great!
Like always, it was just what I needed to hear.
I really enjoyed the lesson, even with my arms and butt falling asleep!
We got home and things were good.
She still fell a lot...but she recovers from that okay.
Then she smashed her fingers trying to move a stool/potty closer to the sink so she could wash her hands.
I heard this blood curdling scream from the bathroom and I couldn't think what in the world it could be!
I ran in there and Elsie had her fingers stuck in the hinge part of the stool/potty.
She was so sad.
We got her calmed down and all ready for bed.
She was VERY ready to go to bed.
Poor girl.
I wish I could make things easier for her!
And look at her...happy as can be.
She is the light of our life.
She has such a pure little heart and she makes us a better family, just by being the sweet spirit that she is!
I hope that she sleeps good tonight and I can give her legs a good massage in the morning and give her a good start to the day.

6 comments:

Books = Possibilities said...

What a rough day for such a sweet girl! I hope tomorrow is better.

Cami said...

She is SO sweet! I think we all take for granted how easy it is for us to get around. I think she was given such a sweet spirit and personality so she could deal with these things. She's beautiful!

Emily Peterson said...

Oh, my poor Elsie! That picture of her is so sweet. I hope tomorrow is a better day for her!

Young family said...

She is an angel. We hope today is better for her little muscles.

jessica Smith-fisher said...

Kim, one of my family's I see that has a child with CP. Started using a heated mattress cover for their bed and it really helped with them not waking up stiff in the morning. Just a thought, might want to see what the Dr. and a certain fireman :) think about the safety of it.
I am always excited to hear how well she is doing. :)
Jessica

Jodi Gallagher said...

I just love Elsie! She is adorable!