Wednesday, June 02, 2010

We survived...

Brent went back to work yesterday.
I must admit...I was nervous to be the one to take care of the kids, alone.
Three months with him there, everyday, helping with everything.
It kinda spoils a girl.
I admit I am spoiled anyway.
But I wasn't sure I could go the two days without just fighting with the kids the whole time.
I am proud to say...we have had two wonderful day.
Not perfectly wonderful, cause Dad was gone, of course.
But the kids and I got along very well.
It was really nice.
And I have to say it was mostly due to this little girl...
Madi was a major help.
It is usually the two of us that butt heads, A LOT!
But we made a deal yesterday morning, that we were gonna try to make it a great couple days.
It was nice.
I guess we need to make that deal every time Dad goes on shift.
I have been piecing two quilt tops, yesterday and today, for Relief Society.
I just found out Monday that I needed then for Thursday.
I didn't have time to find anyone to help me make one, so I just did them on my own.
I was ALMOST done with the last one when Porter woke up from his nap.
Madi was so helpful to take him and play with him until I could finish up and clean up the mess.
Thanks Bell, for making it a great couple days.
I hope we make it great like this all the time.

2 comments:

Nancy said...

Glad you had a good helper. I was hoping to see pictures of the quilt tops.

Nicole said...

What a good helper! Brayden helps, and we fight - but he helps. lol.