Wednesday, June 09, 2010

First day of NO SCHOOL!

Today was a pretty good productive start to the summer vacation.
I think we got a lot of stuff done...
The girls did some great cleaning this morning, then we went and did a little shopping for a few fun things...
One being another can of paint so we could finish these!!!
I know...this is taking so long to get my kitchen 'project' done.
But I am so excited about every little piece that is going in there...
So we got the chairs painted with my new paint sprayer...LOVE LOVE LOVE it!!!
I don't really LOVE the clean-up...but that just goes with the package...
I think I might distress them a tiny bit, to see a little white through some spots...I don't know...we'll see.
These need to sit in the garage for another week to 'harden'.
Now on to the next kitchen project...not sure if we are ready to take on the cupboards yet...maybe the table is next.
The kids had lots of fun playing the in the yard...
I am not gonna lie.
There was a little yelling here and there, trying to keep the little ones away from the painted stuff...
But it is all good in the end.
Cassi and Madi put together a cute little planter box.
We need to go get some seeds for it.
Then at about 7:30, we decided to go take a swim...
I thought it would be great to try and wash some of the paint out of my hair, fingers and toes...
The kids had so much fun.
Elsie and Porter went nuts!
These kids are such water babies!
It is so much fun.
We only swam until about 8:00, and came home to get the little ones to bed.
Oh man...it was a busy day.
I love days where you feel like you got a lot of stuff done!

4 comments:

Books = Possibilities said...

I love that picture of Porter pushing Elsie. She is so stinkin' happy!

Bald n Beautiful said...

I am so in LOVE with those chairs. I still think it is not fair that you are creating MY dream kitchen.

Erin said...

LOVE the chairs...that has become my favorite color. can't wait to see it all come together.
how great is it to have all your kids outside playing while you get some work done? oh, how i wish we had a back yard....and house.

DTanner said...

Love Love Love the paint color!