Thursday, May 20, 2010

Working hard...

Lots of hard work went on around here this morning.
Porter had a blast helping Dad and Grandpa at the feed store.
He sure loves to be outside and work.
I think that little boy is gonna grow up to be a hard worker like his Daddy.
I sure hope so!

There was also some playing going on...
I thought this picture was so funny with Porters eyes shut!
This boy has no fear.
That is a good thing, but a bad thing too!!!
Even the goats are working hard.
Madi and Cassi saw a baby goat be born, by accident.
Grandpa had just put one Mommy into the pen, and had to help the breech baby be born.
Well, the girls were out watching her clean off the baby, and out pops another one.
That's not something you get to see everyday!
Madi even had time to work on her homework today.
It will be nice not to have to worry about it on the night we get back home.

3 comments:

The Holdaway Family said...

That is so cool they got to see a baby goat be born! Did Porter get a sunburn on the top of his head? It looks like it on the first picture but I couldn't tell...

MegJill said...

I bet your kids LOVE visiting the farm! I think we need a farm in our family. I looks so relaxing and fun for them, and I bet it teaches some work values too.
We went to the pet store a few years ago and saw a mommy goat give birth to several babies too! It was crazy to our kids, who just stood wide eyed. We had my 4 year old niece with us and she got a little education seeing that. Don't know if her parents wanted her to see that!

Rachel said...

That is what I have been wanting to experience, I know weird, but it would be kinda cool to see. What an experience for them.