Monday, May 31, 2010

Memorial Day festivities...

We actually had a pretty busy day, despite the weather....
Mostly work...but we had some fun too.
The kiddos, Brent included, had a lot of fun playing the Wii.
We haven't had that thing out for a while.
So it was like a brand new toy!
Elsie has a lot of fun with it!
It is cute to watch her turn the wheel over and over...so cute!
But before the fun...there was work.
I am buying some shelves from my friend, Aryn, who just moved.
We wanted to put wall-to-wall shelving on the wall in our office.
But I started thinking that the desk stuff she left behind would match out roll top desk perfectly...
So we went for it.
And now I think it looks really cool.
Still some more work to do with it...
Try to figure out what to do with pictures and stuff in that room...
But I love it.
Thanks Aryn!

And I finally got the curtains sewn for the kitchen.
The kitchen is STILL not all put together like it is in my mind...but we are getting closer!

************************************
Then we went out to eat tonight at Red Robin.
I found it quite enjoyable.
Porters face covered with food...which is good...it means he is eating.
Elsie's hands and face covered in Mac and Cheese...she loves that stuff!
Madi acting like a big girl, not wanting anyone to see her with a child's menu.
But it worked out good.
I got her to share my food with me.
I thought it was fun, and I think she felt cool to get an adult meal.
And Cassi, sweet Cassi...arms in the ketchup, sitting WAY to close to her Dad...just adorable.
Then a quick run to Walmart...and we met our friends, the Terry's at Spoon Me for some yummy frozen yogurt!
The ride home wasn't that great...we all had a little melt down...I think we are all really tired.
So it was to bed early and get rejuvenated for the last days of school!


2 comments:

Emily Peterson said...

Sounds like a fun and full day!!!

I like how you've rearranged the office. Those shelves look great! And I love the fabrics in your curtains!!!

aryn said...

Glad it worked out so perfectly!!!