Saturday, April 24, 2010

Meridian Fun Run!!!

We love the Fun Run.
Every year the meridian school district puts on a fun run.
We have had lots of fun here for the past few years.
Now anyone who knows me should not be surprised that, YES, I color coordinated ourselves!
I know, I know...I am a nut...but don't we look cute.
I usually don't buy the shirts for the fun runs...only because they are never to be used again, and they are the same shirts every year, just different color....
So this year I told the girls I would buy them their own running clothes instead of the t-shirt.
Luckily I found the pants on sale for $5.
Only one problem...one was pink and one was green!!!
I was just about ready to resign myself to un-matching attire...
When I spied a rack of $3 shirts...then my mind started working...swap colors!
Perfect.
I knew Elsie already had the colors...
I knew I already had the colors...
Like I said...Perfect!
I wonder how long the kids are gonna let me do this?
Waiting for the 'gun' to go off....
We were back in the stroller group...
5th grade was first, then 4th, 3rd, 2nd, 1st, K, then us with stroller.
I tried to get Madi to go with us...but she wanted to be with her friends.
I am wondering if she didn't want any of her friends to see her matching her Mommy...
No, just kidding, she loved it.
But Brent said she ran a really great run...she came in not too long after the first one passed the finish!
She is my future running buddy.
I was pushing Elsie in our umbrella stroller, and part of the run is on lumpy bumpy grass.
Now that was a really great work-out!
Just as we were getting ready to cross, Cassi kept saying, "I don't think I can do it Mom, I don't think I can..." (she wasn't completely serious...but I am sure she was tired.)
But she kept going and going...
Here is our little group of kiddos!
All the finishers received Medals...
Isn't that great!
Real, nice, heavy medals.
Madi has treasured each one she has ever gotten...Cassi isn't sure where any of hers are.(including the one from today!)
Elsie was so excited to get a medal.
She had a really fun time...even the really bumpy part!
Can't wait for next year!
******************************
After the Fun Run...the men took the kids home and Jenni, Aryn, and I ran a kind of round-about way home.
That was a lot of fun.
So I definitely got my work-out in today!
*****************************
We also got to go hang out with our friends, the Youngs, this evening.
They invited our family over for a BBQ.
That is always a great time.
Thanks guys for having us over!
*****************************
*I am Thankful that my kids think that it is cool that I run, and that they want to be like me. (Well, the running part of me, anyway...)
*I am Thankful for such a great work-out today...I feel completely exhausted...but also very happy about it!
*I am Thankful for that we don't have early morning church! I plan on sleeping in!

4 comments:

Jilene said...

good to see you at the run. You look fabulous! and I LOVE the matching outfits. At least your kids don't make you buy the shirts! next year, I'm skipping that part!

Nancy said...

I love the colors you chose. It was so SPRING! Enjoy being able to dress like your girls;)

shel said...

WHAT???
You mean you don't HAVE to buy the shirts?
Jeez...I wish I would have known that for the past several years. They make great nightshirts, though ;)

DTanner said...

Elsie is looking so tall!