Wednesday, November 11, 2009

255.305

I LOVE extending the lives of old clothing....
Yes, those are the feet cut out of Porters 6-9 month jammies.
Oh come on...you can't tell me you have NEVER done that!!!!!!!
But seriously...I think I have a sickness...
A sickness that you will see unfold in a week or so.
We are getting out family pictures done soon...
The girls outfits are all altered from some other outfit...Cassi's is from an old dress of Madi's...Madi's is made from an old shirt of mine, and Elsie's is from an old dress of mine.
I know, I am crazy!
I do this kind of thing more often than you would think.
I am crazy, I realize that.
But when you see something, not being used, that can be transformed into something usable, WHY NOT!?!?!

6 comments:

Cami said...

I don't think you are crazy! I think that's an awesome idea! I can't wait to see your family pics to see all the creations!

Books = Possibilities said...

Kim, You Are FABULOUS!

Nancy said...

You are so good! Do you ever take time to sleep?

skcoe said...

Seriously, I'm with Nancy. Do you ever just SIT DOWN and do NOTHING?!

By the way, my daughter's FAVORITE jammies are footies where I cut off the feet and arms to make them last through the summer. I'm going to use patches of them to put in her new bedding because she's loved them so much.

Erin said...

i think it's awesome...i don't see a problem with it. i made parker's costume last year out of some of my old clothes. i've also cut apart a TON of my old pants & shirts to use in other projects. i think it's great that you can refashion clothing & i think you would be surprised to find out you're not the only one doing it.

http://grosgrainfabulous.blogspot.com/2009/10/new-sponsor-lil-blue-boo.html

The Holdaway Family said...

I remember that mom used to do this too! hehe!