Saturday, August 29, 2009

Happy Birthday Bell!!!


Today I first born turns eight years old.
Eight seems so old to me!
I can't believe that this little baby, who started out so tiny, is now so big and grown.
Madi's life started out pretty rough.
I was induced 4 weeks early because of Toxemia.
Madi was born with under developed lungs.
She spent 8 days in the NICU.
Those were the longest days of my life.
To not go home with my baby was very hard to do.
We were so blessed, and so scared the day we took our precious Madi home.
We moved to Idaho when she was not even a month old.
Lots of new changes in a little period of time.
Madi was a good little girl. (Still is pretty good)
And I was worthless at everything except being a Mom.
Madi was never put down!
Nothing got done.
Like I said, I was worthless!!!
I would rock her to sleep...sometimes run her to sleep.
Funny story.
Imagine, if you will, a crying baby, probably 6 months old.
Wrapped in a blanket in Moms arms.
Mom running in the house in a figure 8 pattern around the table in the dining room then around the counter in the kitchen, over and over until said baby is sound asleep.
Weird, right?
Luckily with my second kid I learned to just lay the stinking baby down so they can learn to sleep themselves.
She fell asleep in our bed every night until Cassi was born when we finally decided that things needed to change.
She is a great sleeper now!
Madi was also a thumb sucker.
And I think it was adorable.
But I never had to worry about weening her from it, cause as soon as she started to walk, at 10 months, she stopped the thumb sucking.
Yes, walking at 10 months!
Crazy!
Madi has always had the best laugh.
From a very young age she would just let it loose and everyone around couldn't help but laugh!
Madi has always been a smarty.
She loves to learn and Dad loves to teach.
Oh, did I mention she is a big time Daddy's girl.
Well, she is.
She loves her Dad.
They have always had a close relationship, and I love it.
I just can't believe so much time has gone by!
She is 8 now.
Happy Birthday Madi Bell!!!





3 comments:

Books = Possibilities said...

Oh! That last picture is a heart breaker!

Happy Birthday, Miss Madi!
We love you!
Sad we can't be there for your baptism, but we are very proud of you!

Cami said...

I can't believe you have an 8 year old!! I would love to see you running around the table with a crying baby, that's hilarious!! She is such a cute baby!

The Holdaway Family said...

You are such a sweet girl Madi! I am glad that you are in our family!