Sunday, August 16, 2009

168.365

No, I am not gonna get all churchy on you....
But today has been a very Relief Society filled day!
Of course at church, where the lesson was about Relief Society and the blessing it brings to our lives...
I have been so blessed in my life by way of the Relief Society...most recently the help we got from everyone when we had to go back to the hospital after Porter was born.
I wish all those ladies could really know how much we appreciate that, and their willingness to help.
But then today I had the opportunity to take dinner to one of the ladies I visit teach who just had a sweet, beautiful baby girl.
Visiting Teaching, another great blessing.
I have so many special friendships made because of Visiting teaching...
And the last thing today was the opportunity I had to sew a quilt top for the Humanitarian service project we have coming up.
They supply me with all the blocks and I just sew it together, but the thought that I had a hand in something that will keep a family warm in the cold night.
There sure is something neat about being a part of that!!!
Anyway, I am so grateful for the blessing of having Relief Society in my life!!!
*******************************************
ALSO...
Happy Birthday to my little sister Sara, who has always been the peace-maker in the family and is just about the sweetest thing anyone could ever meet!
I love you Sara and I am so lucky to have your example in my life!

4 comments:

Cami said...

The is cool the you got to help with making the quilt! I bet you are a fun Visiting Teacher!

skcoe said...

You can get all "churchy," it's a huge part of your life! People would be lucky to have you as a visiting teacher and I LOVE that quilt...

The Holdaway Family said...

What a fun project to be involved with! R.S. is such a wonderful program!

Also happy birthday to Sara from me too! She is a shining example in our family

Books = Possibilities said...

It's great to belong to a church that encourages and values the bonds we create with each other!