Tuesday, August 11, 2009

163.365

I LOVE early Christmas presents!!!
We have needed new carpet...for a LONG time!!!
We finally decided to do it.
Well, we decided to go price it.
We found this piece that both of us fell in love with...and it wasn't too far out of our price range!
One question...does anyone think it is too dark?
I put pictures of the sample next to our couch, and the wood floors.
We are loving it.
The only little problem is that the carpet has a small olive green tint to it...you can't really see it, and I don't think I would have noticed it if the sales lady hadn't said it.
I just worry that the whole room done with end up looking green.
But when it comes down to it, we both love it, so why not?
Anyway...tell me your opinions on the dark???
Brent and I like it cause it is different.
Anyway, happy early Christmas to us!
(I wish it wouldn't take 2 weeks to get in!!!)

10 comments:

Chalisse Martineau said...

I like! Go for it; it's always fun to try something new!

Young family said...

ohhh...I really really like it! I think it will look great!

Malisa said...

I like it alot!! We just picked out dark carpet for our house too and I'm hopeing I like it. I would usually pick out ligth carpet but with kids it gets so dirty and stained so fast. Let me know how you like it. How exciting!

Books = Possibilities said...

It's a beautiful carpet, and the olive green is not noticeable at all. If you were to change all of your furniture/paint/everything to match that olive green, then your whole room would end up looking green.

And dark is great! Shows dirt and stains a whole lot less than light carpet does!

Go for it!!!!!

Bald n Beautiful said...

Love it. I wish ours was dark, Jackie's dark carpet really did look cleaner.

Cami said...

I love dark carpet!! I think it will look great!

Ed and Ivy said...

You're going to think it looks dark when it's first installed cause you're used the the light color but I have a large area rug in a similar dark brown in my living room and don't think it's too dark at all.

Anjeanette said...

Dark carpet is the best! Go for it...it looks great! I wish I had this through out my whole house...... :)

The Holdaway Family said...

I love it! Go for it!

Anonymous said...

I love it, and I also love that there's a tint of green, I am a green person! Go for it. Hey our blog is not private anymore and it's Foreverisland.blogspot.com Good luck with the new carpet I will have to come see it when it get's done.