Monday, July 20, 2009

142.365-1

We LOVE Floating the Boise River
For Elsie's Birthday we thought it would be fun to go float the Boise River!!!
And boy, it was fun!!!
The girls had a blast...Porter was SO tired...but he stayed awake the whole time and wanted to keep getting his feet wet.
Elsie had so much fun.
She was a little unsure about the big rapids...but after the first time through some, she knew she was safe, and she had a lot of fun.
It took us just under 3 hours to make it down.
Seriously, it didn't seem to take that long.
Time flies when your having fun!
We stopped a couple times to play in the sand and to jump off the rope swing.
Cass was brave enough to jump off of it.
She will do anything!

At the end, Elsie was SO EXHAUSTED!!!
This is my favorite picture!
Asleep...but still trying to eat, or lick, the Cheetos cheese off her hand.
It was so funny!!!


Since I was holding Porter the whole time, Madi was in charge of one of the oars.
She did a great job!!!

I was so glad that Brent had everything under control.
With me holding Porter, there wasn't much I could do to help.
But, Brent was always on the lookout for bad spots...
He gave the girls some rescue swimming lessons...how to swim out to the edge if we happen to tip over.
It is just so good to have him around to know everything is safe!
After we got out of the river, we set the little ones on the ground while we packed all our stuff up...Elsie continued to rest....



But Bubba...

I tried forever to get his attention to snap a picture...but he would NOT turn around!

Then I looked and what he was so interested in...see all the girls in the bikinis...oh boy...I am NOT READY to deal with this!!!

4 comments:

Books = Possibilities said...

Oh My! You guys had so much fun! That would be such a fantastic family activity! I know Aa and L would enjoy it, too!!!

Happy Birthday, Elsie, your day sure was fantastic!

Cami said...

This makes me want to go to the Boise river! It looks so much fun and I love that picture of Elsie licking for the Cheetos! Classic!

Ariel said...

Oh boy! He is interested in the girls a little early :)

The Holdaway Family said...

What a great family activity! We will have to do this next time we come up and visit!