Thursday, March 05, 2009

My FAVORITE little sunshine

Favs # 5/365
My FAVORITE little Sunshine!
I think this little one is amazing.
Elsie has brought so much JOY to our lives, I don't even know where to begin.
Elsie joined our family and the first few months were actually the worst we had ever experienced.
She was constantly crying.
We were always bouncing this tightly bundled screaming baby.
Life was very hard.
Then one day, the SUN came through.
Elsie is such a bright spot in the lives of all who know her.
It took us a long time to figure out what was wrong with her.
First, we just thought she was a little behind.
But that mothers (and father's) intuition, just wouldn't let me believe that!!!
I knew there was something she struggled with.
But my little sunshine always had the most beautiful smile on her face.
People in stores would stop just to look at her beautiful smile.
Elsie has made us each a better person.
Every one who is a part of her life, is better for it.
She has such unconditional love...
She has such determination...
She has such focus...
Patience...
...oh, I could just go on and on.
What have I learned from this little angel?
I have learned that things don't have to be hard.
They may be hard...but not HARD!
You know what I mean??
All that she struggles to do and learn, and she never quits!!!
I have learned that hard work is SO worth it.
I have learned that as long as you have a smile on your face, everything is great!
And above all, patience.
This little girl tries so hard every day to do all she wants to do.
I have no doubt in my mind that this little lady will touch many lives.
That Elsie can be and do anything she wants to.
I am so grateful to have her as a part of her family.
I am so thankful to have the opportunity to know her, let alone be her mommy.
She is the Sunshine of our lives.
(p.s. She will be getting glasses soon...how cute will that be???? Seriously!)

11 comments:

Erin said...

what a sweet tribute to your "little sunshine". what a great family that she chose to come into. i think she works hard not only for herself, but for her parents that obviously love her.

Jenni said...

She is a sweet heart and really is a blessing to all of us who know her. I am so happy my girls can have her in their lives because I know she will teach them many things (she already has). I am sure I smile more knowing her then I would otherwise because it is IMPOSSIBLE to look at her and not smile. We love Elsie.

Katie Call-Sommer said...

I think Elsie is the cutest little girl!!!

Brooke said...

Oh she is by far one of my favorite things too! And I can't wait to see her with her glasses...she is going to be even cuter if that is possible! Give her a big hug for me! And of course a kiss or two or three!

The Holdaway Family said...

We love Elsie so much, she is the sunshine in everyones life who meets her...

It's hard to think that she is the same baby that kept you bouncing on that ball all day long...remember when the guy at church told you to say "sh" in her ear really loud and that would help her quit crying? ...and then he tried it and she didn't...lol...

I am way excited to see her with glasses!

Books = Possibilities said...

Elsie is amazing! We are blessed to have her be a part of our family. She is inspiration to everyone she meets!

Rachel said...

She is a little beauty. She is ALWAYS smiling in all the pictures that you post of her. She just seems like the happiest and most amazing little girl!

By the way, how do you get your blog to take up the whole page like that?

Lyric Payne said...

Elsie is a little angel, and she is lucky to have you as her mother. Also, Cassi is lucky to have you. How fun is it to wait for 12:34. I've never even thought of that. How boring am I?

Anjeanette said...

I love hearing you talk about your family. Most of us feel that way, just don't express it like you. You are such a great mom. Elsie is a beautiful child, and that smile is like a ray of sunshine. :)

Jilene said...

you are seriously the best momma! she is lucky to have you!

The Stevensons said...

Can't wait to see the glasses! We love you Elsie.

Love, Morgan and Taylor