Sunday, January 11, 2009

Our little Elsie

Elsie is growing and doing so many things now.
She continues to try really hard with her walking. She is obviously a pro with her walker, but she loves to practice walking back and forth with the couches.
She is also working really hard with her speech. She is saying a lot of new words that we can understand...and many more that we have yet to understand.
She loves to point to things and people around the room and say what it is, then wave and say "hi" in her happy little voice. Then she goes around the room again...she makes us laugh.
Her absolute favorite thing to do now is coloring. She loves it. It is nice to have something to occupy her with while fixing dinner, other than Dora.
She is a joy in our house...
This is Elsie waiting at the bottom of the stairs for me today while I was getting ready for church. Dad tells me she layed there for quite sometime, just kicking her legs up and down, waiting patiently. What a cutie!

13 comments:

jen said...

She sure is the sweetest little thing!! I loved sitting behind you guys at church today cause I got to see Elise flash her beautiful smile at us. She is such a happy little girl. She sure knows how to cheer and brighten you up!!

Katie Call-Sommer said...

I am glad she is doing better walking and talking that's so good!! I think she is just so darn cute!!

Books = Possibilities said...

We would LOVE to hear her talk! Would you get her on your camcorder talking and post that? That would be great!

She is just amazing! What a blessing to have her in your family and a part of our family, too!

Anonymous said...

Elsie looks so cute! I love all your cute pictures!

andrea wardle said...

So so cute! I don't post as often as I want to (preggo brain and probably just pure laziness) But I want to let you know I still follow and LOVE your posts! You have the most darling family ever!

Jilene said...

she is too cute. I've always thought so! and boy does Porter look like Brent as a baby!!!

Anjeanette said...

She truly is precious. So patient......so cute. :)

Young family said...

WE love you Elsie.. It is fun to see your progress.. You are an inspiration.

Jilene said...

we are good Kim. Busy, but good. I just can't find the time to update my blog. During naps there's always something else that HAS to be done...you know, sit on the couch and relax??? just kidding. haven't done that in forever!! how's Porter doing?

Jodi Gallagher said...

She always puts a smile on my face when I see her cute pictures and that smile! What a sweetie!

Nicole said...

So is such a sweetie. What a cute girl! All your kids are so cute! Mine may be cute, but man, they fight like crazy. Escept little Chloe, she's still perfect!

The Stevensons said...

She is so cute. I can't believe how well she is walking. I can't wait to see her. Love, Morgan

The Stevensons said...

She is so cute. I can't believe how well she is walking. I can't wait to see her. Love, Morgan