Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Sage Hen Reservoir

We went camping this weekend with our great friends the Young's. They chose a beautiful spot about a 1 1/2 hours away at Sage Hen Reservoir. It was so beautiful and just the perfect weekend to go. We left Sunday after church, and I have to say the drive there was terrible...it involved some throwing up, trailer breaks not working like they should, and the truck dieing here and there...but we made it there in one piece. And what a beautiful spot it was! We got out and got everything set up and the girls did some exploring. We were camped right by a huge rock that the girls spent a lot of time rock climbing. We made yummy tin-foil dinners and then went down to the reservoir to check it out. Then went back to the camp and had some cupcakes for Elsie's birthday. The girls had fun chopping wood and playing with their best friends. The next morning after breakfast and some exploring...they collected pine-cones and painted them pretty colors. Then they went back to their favorite rock...but his time the Dads got involved...so things got more technical with ropes and ties and cool knots...they had a lot of fun! Then to the reservoir for some swimming and picnic lunch. We found a good spot and it even had a rope-swing! The girls were very brave and took turns jumping from the rope. The dads had fun jumping in after the ducks that would swim really close to us...boys...seriously! Back to camp to get dried and dressed. We went for a really beautiful nature walk...it is such a beautiful area...we went back to camp, made some dinner, played around with new-found friends, the caterpillars...(poor little things.) We had some s'mores, and just a great time with great friends. That night a huge lighting and thunder storm rolled in...thank goodness for camper trailers!!! We headed home the next morning after breakfast and after packing up all our dripping wet stuff. Can't wait to go camping again. Madi came home with a fever and headache...but seems to be kicking it pretty fast...so my exciting day today will consist of lots of laundry and many cartoons. We really did have such a great time. It is so great being a family!!!

The girls on their big rock



Playing in the water

Happy Birthday Elsie!


Elsie and her buddy Braelyn

Chopping the wood

Don't you love Cassi's face!


Yes...all girls...we are missing baby Hallie in this picture

Painting the pine-cones


I think I say 'Look at my nose' too often...she seems to touch her nose every time I go to take her picture!
Madi climbing up
Cassi climbing up
Cassi down
And Madi down

Good swing Madi
Go for it Cass!

So pretty!
Feeding the ducks bread
Elsie...making the sign for duck
Nature walk


Goofy girl...she thought this was pretty funny to do!
Kara taking Elsie for a walk...she loves it!
Those poor caterpillars!
Elsie...making the sign for Fire
On a walk with Madi
The girls rock
So I decided that this is my last pregnancy...so I will suck it up and be in pictures...I feel kinda bad that I can't find any pictures of me preggo with Madi or Cassi...so as much as I hated it...I asked Madi to take a pict of Brent and I!
Throwing the Ax into the tree...see the orange thing in the air...that is the ax.
Madi wanted to take more pictures...so here is one of Elsie and I My three girlies! So fun!

So I am not going to apologize for all the pictures...because I finally finished my family yearbook that I made for last years blog and I am so happy I posted so many pictures...it made the book so much better! So I am glad to post a lot of pictures...and I will show you the book soon too...turned out very cool!

11 comments:

Young family said...

WE are so glad we went camping with you guys. I didn't realize your ride up was so bad... your pictures put mine to shame..

Anjeanette said...

Looks like fun. Can't go wrong camping, there's always fun to be had. You take such good pictures, they are so fun to look at. I am also glad you are getting in some pictures too. I am not very good at that either, and am regretting it also. Cute belly!

The Holdaway Family said...

Dang your boobs are getting big! Haha...one of the perks of pregnancy! It looks so beautiful there! There won't be just girls for long!

Angela said...

It looks so beautiful and fun. You shouldn't hate being in pictures because you are so cute, but I know how you feel. I loved all the pictures. Pictures definately make a post more enjoyable, and you take such awesome pictures they are fun to see.

Jodi Gallagher said...

That is a beautiful area! Looks like a great place to go camping. you still look so great, Its fun to see you in pics!

The Stevensons said...

Haha.. you know why your trip up was so bad? You left on a SUNDAY!! Just kidding, stuff like that always happens to us when we do fun family activities on Sunday. You are so cute pregnant, you should stay like that forever.

Nicole said...

I LOVE YOU BLOGSPOT TEMPLATE! Great job. You should change the size when you save your template in photobucket to the 1G size, that way it covers the entire screen. Where did you get the cute digi papers?

Camping is a lot of fun. Devin hates it, but the rest of us, love it. Cute pictures.

Nicole said...

How did you do a blog book. Time for you to teach me. Email me!

Cami said...

I LOVE when you post lots of pics! The pic with you and Brent is so cute! You don't even look pregnant! AT ALL! I want to go camping there! SO pretty!

Cami said...

p.s.
how did you make your background so cute? I want to do that!

Bald n Beautiful said...

I love all the pictures you post. I want to see the book you did, where you did it ect. I can't wait to see you too! I love reading all your camping blogs, but wish we were doing it too.