Friday, May 02, 2008

A little help for Elsie

Elsie's Physical Therapist brought this to us today to try out. Elsie knows what she needs to do to walk. She just has trouble with her balance and her legs tend to buckle under her. So we have been thinking about getting a pediatric walker for her, but we weren't sure if doing that would hinder her from walking on her own some day. We didn't want her to become dependant on it. But we decided to give it a try. She loves it. This one is an old model, and we are going to go next week to a open house thing where there will be many vendors and we can figure out what would work best for Elsie and her needs, but for now this is our loner, and you can already see how much she is loving it.
Madi had to help her out on the grass, it was a little harder to push around there.

9 comments:

The Holdaway Family said...

She looks so happy with her new toy! It looks like she is able to hold her little body up pretty good. She is making tremendous strides

Brooke said...

Wow! What a girl :-) I need a little ounce of all the determination that girl has. I am so so proud of her. Give her a big hug and kiss from me

Sesily Lee said...

Kim you family is too cute and the walker, Yah! Such a beautiful little girl can make any walker look good! It feels so good when you can help them to have a little more freedom. I hope I get to see you this summer back in Utah for the big 10 year. I would love to catch up.

Books = Possibilities said...

I don't think Elsie will become dependent on the walker! She is too determined. The walker will be a good way to help her establish her balance and strengthen her legs. Then, when she's ready, I can see her walking off, leaving the walker behind! She is such a blessing!

The Stevensons said...

Awesome wheels Elsie! Now you can chase your sisters down, just don't run them over.

Cin said...

Is'nt it great all the many "things" that are available to help out when needed. Makes me glad we live "Now". Elsie is an inspiration! Love you all...

Amy said...

That's awesome... she must feel like such a big girl being able to walk around! She's so cute, and I know I've said it before, but she's looking so big lately!

Brittany said...

That is great..I bet she loves it! She'll be going 90 miles a minute here pretty soon! She looks adorable too!

Sara said...

Amazing! Go Elsie!!!