Sunday, March 02, 2008

My Blessings

My little family is all I have been able to think about the last few days.

I really am so lucky to have my little girls and such a wonderful husband who loves and cherishes me so much.

It makes me mad that sometimes we have to get a kick in the bum to scare us and set us straight! It is ridiculous!!! I should always try NOT to yell at my kids...I should always appreciate EVERYTHING my sweet hubby does for me. But during our little scare the last few weeks, it has helped me to know even more so how much my little family means to me and how much I need them and their support and loves and hugs.

My kids deserve my patience..I am their Mom for heaven's sake...where else are they gonna learn HOW to be a Mom!!! My kids deserve the best in this world. Really there is no other person or thing in this world that makes me as happy as my three girls and my sweet Brent.

My girls can make me laugh harder than I ever have in my life! How amazing is it that we are given these precious little things to raise in this world. What a scary and BIG job. Our hope is to send these babies out to make this place a better place! I look at them each night and remember how I could have been a better Mom to them that day. How, no matter what they do to make me mad...I am the one they learned it from, so it is up to me to teach them the best parts of me, not the worst parts!

Brent is my other half...we are a team...we couldn't work any other way. He pushes me forward, he helps me to be my best person I can be. He makes me feel like the most important thing in the whole world. He is my rock...he is what makes me strong when things don't seem like they could be any scarier!

Maybe what all happened to us this last few weeks happened for a good reason...to give us a swift kick in the behind...remind us what we mean to eachother...how much we need and love eachother, and how much our little family is the center of our world.

I know that my hubby is mine forever, and I am so blessed to have him and we are so blessed to have our babies!!!


8 comments:

Cami said...

I loved that post. :)

The Holdaway Family said...

Thank you for this little reminder, it is sad that we need to have a swift kick in the bihind to make us realize how important those around us are. I need to take this chance to be a better mom and wife...and sister Ü we love you so much!

Anjeanette said...

It sounds like you feel like I think a lot of moms feel. Such a big job and so much pressure to be a good mom.....but what a blessing, huh? I think you're great!

Sara said...

Beautiful!!! It is good to take a moment and review what our real purpose here is. We are all so thankful that everything is good with you Kim! We love you!!

Angela said...

Thanks for this post. I needed to hear that today and everyday for that matter. You really are an amazing mom, don't ever sell yourself short. We all feel the need to do better, to do more. Thanks for reminding us all of our blessings and responsibilities.

Young family said...

Kim-
You are an amazing wife and mother. I watch you raise your kids and am amazed at how great they are. And how neat Brent is because he has you. Your little ordeal made Drew and I realize how improtant we are to eachother. I am sorry it was you. But, now look at how much stronger you are..
Oh, and HAPPY BIRHTDAY!!!

Brittany said...

Kim, I am certain that you are already an excellent mother and wife. I look up to you so much and I appreciate the strong and optimistic person that you are. I don't think that you give yourself enough credit. I am completely serious when I tell you that I want to be like you, I really do. You do have a beautiful little family. I love them and know that they are the special little girls they are because they have AWESOME parents. Thanks for your example (and Ben too) to Leith and I. I love, love love you ALL!!!

Amy said...

This was a great post, Kim. I think you are such a great person and your family is as lucky to have you as you are to have them. The fact that you love your family just radiates from you!! I love that about you.