Saturday, March 29, 2008

Beautiful Lengths

My little sister Rachel cut her hair for Locks or love a little while ago. When we told Madi what it is all about she wanted to donate her hair. But for locks of love you have to have 10 inches...so we were going to wait until after the summer and hopefully grow a little more...
Then while watching Oprah yesterday she had the great american haircut...well, we learned that when you donate to Pantenes Beautiful Lengths, they only need 8 inches...which is just what Madi had! So she was very excited! So we woke up this morning and headed off to get her hair cut! Doesn't she look beautiful!!!
She was alittle nervous at first...she kept asking me why I wasn't cutting my hair...I told her it was because I didn't look as cute with short hair as she does...she said "Mom you look exactly like me, of course you would look cute with short hair!" Well, she didn't talk me into it. But I love her haircut! She was also a little nervous when her stylist had white and pink hair. But she made Madi feel very comfortable and you could just see Madi's face glowing as she saw how her haircut was going to look.
I am very proud of Madi. She is very excited that her hair will be a part of a wig for someone who needs it. You know...it takes about 6 ponytails to make a wig...so get cutting!













13 comments:

Jenni said...

Her hair looks really cute! I really like it short. Of course I am a short hair kinda gal.
Good job Madi, you are helping make someone very happy!

The Holdaway Family said...

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it! She looks so grown up now, that is so neat that she could donate her hair and now it looks so thick and healthy!

It would be neat if you could know where your hair was going but I know that there is a little girl that will be very happy!

Angela said...

I saw that Oprah - good for her. She is such a sweet girl. I love her new haircut - she looks SO cute!!

Mr. and Mrs. Smith said...

Her hair looks SO CUTE! I LOVE that haircut! I did the same thing I can't remember if it was last year or the year before, I had to cut off a few more inches than I planned on cutting so they would take it, but it was fun!

Brynn said...

That is so awesome! She looks so cute with her new hairdo!

jen said...

I can't believe she cut her hair!But she does look sooo cute. I guess I'm still adjusting to my short hair. But when your doing it for a good cause it makes it easier. That't what I keep telling myself when I'm missing my long hair. Hopefully someone is enjoying having my hair.

The Stevensons said...

Awesome! Just a little info. Locks of Love will take any length, anything short of 10 inches they sell to another company to help pay for production costs. I donated to them when I cut my hair last summer. Also, to anyone thinking of doing this - donate to Pantene. I heard that Locks of Love is now charging for their wigs, whereas Pantene is free for those who need them.

Anjeanette said...

I was a little confused when I read you saw this on opera, but I figured out you meant Oprah. Ha ha, that funny! I love her hair. She looks so much more grown up. I love that hairstyle......so cute. She is just a sweet little girl. Not many girls would cut off their beautiful hair for someone else. You have a good one there!

Young family said...

Madi- you are so awesome. Now Kara is thinking about growing hers longer to do the same thing--

Jilene said...

how awesome. and her hair looks great!

Lyric Payne said...

What a sweet little girl. I wonder where she gets that? I think from Mommy. I I agree with Jenni, I actually think I like her short hair a little better. Maybe Mommy should try the short do as well! I love seeing all your pictures. You are such a gifted photographer. I wish I had your skills, and equipment!

Bald n Beautiful said...

Madi really does look cute with short hair, I like the mailbox picture.

Larissa said...

I love that hairstyle! I actually want to print myself a photo of that haircut for when Eva gets more hair :)