Monday, February 11, 2008

My SWEET Fireman!!!


I got my Valentines gift early...Brent came home from teaching a ropes class to the new recruits, and this is what he brought me...
Did anybody watch the news and hear about the flower truck that burned up???
About $50,000 worth of flowers destroyed!
Yep...you guessed it...my man brought me BURNT flowers!!!He says these are the best two smells in the world...roses and smoke!
Gotta love my Fireman!
(Don't worry, Madi wasn't breathing...that is bad smoke)

I was able to pull out a dozen that weren't burnt...but they still smell like smoke so they are out in my garage right now, maybe they will air out enough to enjoy inside!

8 comments:

Rachel said...

Ok funny story. I was listening to the radio today, and the radio announcer was talking about the burnt up rose truck. Then he said, "Ten bucks says that some girl is going to end up with flowers that smell like smoke because her cheap boyfriend got them for $3 a dozen." Then I saw your blog, so I kinda laughed to myself. Pretty funny!

Stephens Family said...

Hey Kim~I was just thinking about you and wondering how Elsie is and how she is doing. Any answers? I hope all is well, how can't they be with flowers, burnt or not?? :)

Bald n Beautiful said...

Cute to know that he was thinking about you at work.

skcoe said...

HAHAHA! I love our funny husbands. That's SO much better than just two dozen regular flowers and no story!

Larissa said...

...I think that is kinds sweet...

Larissa said...

... I meant KINDA sweet...

Angela said...

this is so cool! I LOVE the pictures. What a thoughtful guy.

Amy said...

They're actually really pretty with the charcoled edges. How nice of him to think of you!!