Sunday, November 11, 2007

Under The Sea

We had Cassi's 'under the sea' party Saturday. I think it went okay...considering I am crazy and invited 15 little ones...but seriously...I think it was fun...First we played Flounder, Flounder, Sebastian (my take on duck duck goose) Then we made little Sebastian's out of red cups, some claws, pipe cleaners...and googly eyes...sorry Brent, Heather and Jenni who had to pretty much put all 15 together...I thought they would be easy enough...hmmm...wrong.
Then we played pin the present on Ariel and now Cassi has the poster hanging in her room..then we lost the cake and we had to do a treasure hunt for it, which turned out to be a bad idea, I had kids crying cause they weren't all getting a turn to find the clues...sorry! Then presents eat cake and then home they all go...Cassi had a fun time...and I don't think it was too bad either...but it won't happen again for a few more years!
Under the sea...
Putting Sebastian together Pinning the present on Ariel's hand
Cassi's new favorite poster
Treasure hunt for the cake
another clue...
Birthday cheeser!!!
Ariel birthday cake

Blowing out the candles
Cake on the floor...not enough chairs for that many kids!!!
Elsie eating cake
I needed a picture of Madi somewhere
After her party it was Ashton's party...a friend of hers...and she got to get dressed up like a pirate...her finger is a hook, like captain hook!!! ARRRG matey!

12 comments:

Young family said...

I thought the party was great! All the kids had fun. You are so creative with your parties. My poor kids won't ever see that at my house... And it is fun that Cassi has so many friends to celebrate with her.

Jenni said...

It was fun, and I was impressed with all the ideas you came up with. People should know that the Ariel poster was painted by you and that you made the cake too. So very talented! Also, thanks for putting that awful picture of me on the blog. eww!

Jenni said...

oh, one more thing, Can you imagine having a party like this for a four year old? http://www.designmom.com/2007/11/alice-in-wonderland-over-top.html

Jilene said...

looks like it was a lot of fun kim. and you really are talented if you can draw and bake like that..and you do photography too? nice work!

The Holdaway Family said...

FUN!! you are so creative! It seems like it went good, and memorable! Did you paint the poster and decorate the cake? Oops I just read it, of course you made it!

Michelle said...

I was wondering how many kids you had there. I couldn't believe how many kids kept filing out of the house. My Mady had a blast! Thanks for thinking of us.

And YOU made that cake? You have some serious skills girl!!!

Anjeanette said...

Are you kidding me......as I was reading your blog, I was thinking......I wonder who painted that poster, then I wonder who made that cake. Seriously, you are amazing. And you wonder about Madi's drawing skills..............don't wonder anymore! :)

Sara said...

You are amazing! As always! Want to come to my house and do Russell's party next month? I think we will do a superhero theme... Any ideas? He is really excited to have a party! Anyway... I am glad that Cassi had such a great birthday party!

Lyric Payne said...

Really could you stop already with being such a good mom. I'm starting to get a complex! What a great party. The cake looks divine and all the games are so creative. Good work...even though I'm jealous!

skcoe said...

FIFTEEN KIDS? Rookie mistake. When Jayden turned three I had ten kids over and we had PONIES in the backyard. I made cereal box/dowell stick horses for each child. All in all it was fun, but now that it's over you're right to keep it simple for the next eight years or so...

THE CAKE IS AMAZING! You put all us other moms who buy our cakes at Target to SHAME! (Okay, I made my son's this year, but it was a circle with an action figure on top, so you STILL win.)

Cami said...

Holy flip! I had a hard time drawing little dragonflies on Clint's cake and you drew Ariel? That's crazy! EXCELLENT job!!!Everything looked so amazing and fun! And Cassi looks ADORABLE in her little pirate outfit!

Amy said...

You are super mom!!!! That looks like an awesome party. I was going to say, please don't tell me you made that cake on top of everything else... but I see from Jenni you did! You're amazing!