Monday, October 29, 2007

My harvest

Okay, so I am not the best gardener...but this year I planted Strawberries, Peas, beans, pumpkins, and Cucumbers. Well, we did really well this year, better than I thought I would...but when we left on our trip a couple weeks ago, we forgot to pick cucumbers when we got back...well the girls were playing outside yesterday, and when I went out to check on them this is what they were doing...
Picking cucumbers...they had about 60 or so picked...
I feel really bad that I let that many go bad...
But at least the girls had fun doing something together!
I can't believe how much time went by without any fights!!!
I thought this picture was great...Cassi is pulling really hard to get that cucumber off the vine!!!

6 comments:

skcoe said...

I really enjoy gardening but it's hard work! How fun that your girls got to pitch in and help out. Really cute pictures.

Amy said...

That last picture is too funny! That is a ton of cucumbers! I'm hoping that next year we can make an attempt at a garden... maybe I'll be calling you for tips on growing cucumbers :)

The Holdaway Family said...

I cant believe that you had that many to pick! Did the kids pick their own pumpkins from your garden?

Kim said...

We got about 7 pumpkins out of our own garden...but I planted them late so none of them got very big, anf they were green when I picked them, but they are starting to get a little orange, they look kinda cool. Anyway, I will plant them earlier next year! And I am going to grow corn just for the stalks...I am NOT going to pay the prices they want for dry corn stalks!!!!!!!

Sara said...

Looks awesome! That is funny that there were so many to pick!

Cami said...

You should take pics of the pumpkins! Did you guys carve them?