Sunday, July 05, 2015

Sunday July 5 (pictures to come)

So it was a really late night last night.
About midnight by the time I got the little ones to sleep.
So the kids slept in!
Yay!!!!
Even Porter, who is always up by 6:30!
But today he slept until almost 10!
It was awesome.
But poor dad had to wake up and leave for work at 7 am :(
Hopefully he had a laid back day at work!
So we all finally got up about 10ish.
We started getting everyone in showers and ready for church.
The morning went pretty smooth.
We got to church and the parking lot was so almost empty!!!!
It was actually pretty funny.
Just so many people out of town, I guess.
But it was a great testimony meeting.
And guess what?
The boy fell asleep on my lap!!!!!
He must have been exhausted to sleep until 10 and then fall back asleep 3 1/2 hours later!
After the meeting, he got up, refreshed and ready to go to class.
I did tell him that I would pick him up from class early.
He worries that I won't pick him up and the halls are always so crowded, so we barter how early I get him up, today he wanted 22 minutes early.
Good thing he doesn't know time yet.
I always go get him about 5-10 minutes before church is over and he is happy with that :)
But Elsie was a different story.
She says she will go, and everything is hunky dorey...until we get to that classroom door.
And she freezes and won't go in and cries.
I pull out all the stops.
I tell her she gets popsicles when she gets home, promise her we can look up Buffalo heads online (that is what she wants for her birthday....I am gonna try and convince her of a wooden one.....) and lots of other fun stuff.
But nothing!
I don't know what to do.
I told her that I already had this class when I was her age.
It's my turn to go to my class, and her to go to her class.
She loves her teachers, she loves her classmates.
I don't know what it is, besides being a control thing.
She is hard headed and if your wanting her to do something, by golly, she will fight it with all her might.
So I am not sure what the answer is.
It makes me sad.
i also don't feel right really punishing her.
I mean I don't want to FORCE her to go to class......or should I?
But I did tell her that if she didn't go to class at all she would have to have time out in her room.
So when we got home, she did.
She had about a 45 min. timeout in her room.
Crying through most of it.
I want her to think next week, "oh ya, that wasn't very fun, I should go to class instead of having time-out."
It is all the same issues she has had at school and it is frustrating not to have an answer.
All my tricks that I used to have up my sleeves, don't work anymore.
So we will continue to work on it......as much as we can.
After church, my friend Lindsey wanted to come out and visit on the way to her sisters house.
We showed her the house and then to see the baby goats.
It was fun to see her and her boys :)
Then she said that she might come back with her nieces to show them the goats.
And she did......with 3 carloads behind her :)
It was fun.
We had her whole family out, parents, sisters, brothers, nieces, nephews, etc.....
They all had so much fun playing with the baby goats and running around the field.
Fun times :)
Then we had dinner......
Cold cereal, or ramen noodles.
Your pick :)
Just one of those days...
I didn't get anything in the crockpot, so a real dinner wasn't gonna happen.
It's okay, no one complained.
Then the big girls spent time downstairs working out Bright on the piano.
I want to bring the piano up really bad!
But that is kind of a big job......
But hopefully soon!
Then Port and I made a cake.
We haven't decorated it yet, that will happen tomorrow.
I am excited to have a kitchen that is all put together to cook with the kiddos.
They love it.
And I do too :)
(I will get pictures on....but I gotta blog about the 4th first.....or Dussy boy will be on my case!)

No comments: