Sunday, July 05, 2015

Saturday July 4 (more pictures to come)

I won't lie.
I spent almost all morning/mid day in the kitchen.
I did wake up and get my run in.
And the best part, I finished the Book of Mormon!
Yay!!!!!
I really am so excited about this.
It's not the first time, but each time I read it, it becomes better and better.
And I can't wait to read it again!
Maybe I can get another read through in by the end of the year.
That will be great :)
So I started baking cakes as soon as I got home.
I found this idea, that I just HAD to try!
It is a flag when you cut into it.
It looked like so much fun and I just had to try it!
I didn't really think it through that I would have to wait for 8 cakes rounds to cook and cool :)
Two-three pans at a time in the oven......
So, yea, cute, but very time involved!
The kids helped dad down stairs with sorting laundry.
He was such a good spot and got a lot cleaned up down stairs while I was pretending I was a baker upstairs :)
While I was waiting for cakes to bake, I spent my time popping popcorn in the air popper, and mixing in butter and salt.
So yummy!
That is what Stacia asked if we could bring for her party that evening.
You know, to eat while watching fireworks.
So I got a big bucket.....well it is one of my old wash basin metal things :)
So I am talking A LOT of popcorn!
Now you know why my day was spent in the kitchen!!!
I had to run and steal some powdered sugar from Vern for some frosting, but then still needed more.
So I took Port and we ran to walmart for some frosting :)
Then there was enough time for everyone to get ready and head to the Morgans house.
But not before we got a 4th of July family picture!
It was a fun night.
They started out with some swimming and games.
Then dinner....with lots of yummy food.
After dinner, more swimming, the annual shaving cream fight (big hit, as always), volleyball games, and much more going on.
Then it was dessert time.
This was what I was waiting for.
I didn't know how the cakes would turn out!
So I cut it open, and it worked!
Little flag pieces!
Yay!
I'm not gonna lie, I was pretty happy about it turning out!
So then we all gorged on desserts....then swam again :)
Madi and Sydney and Carly bought a watermelon and rubber bands and did the whole 'squeeze the watermelon to death' trick.
That was fun.
That happened right before the firework show.
Then we all sat back and watched the fireworks while eating popcorn.
It was a pretty great night!
Thanks to the Morgans, again, for hosting such a great party.....and inviting us :)


Lots and lots more pictures to post......
Later....

No comments: