Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Tuesday March 31

I can't believe we made it home.
Brent got some good sleep.
He snored quite a bit....so I wasn't as rested ;)
When we woke up we started to find out what needed to be done to get him released.
He was feeling good.
We got everything arranged with the car and with the kids.
Drew showed up at about the same time Emmy showed up with the kids.
So we moved the stuff they had over to Drew's car.
I am so thankful to the Yong family for sending Drew down to drive us down.
I know that it was not a task I was going to be able to do.
And I am so grateful to Emmy who was willing to run the kids around and get them there when I needed them so we could take them home.
After we moved the kids stuff, we went up to get Dad.
It wasn't too long before we had him in the wheelchair and riding out of the hospital.
Watching him get into the car......it seemed like it was going to be a rough ride :(
But as we got going, Drew and Brent talking, he was feeling pretty comfy.
He wore his brace the whole time, which I didn't think he would.
I am glad he did.
After a while Drew kept talking.....but Brent fell asleep :)
He slept a good chunk of the drive, which I think made things go good.
We did stop every 1 1/2 or so.
It was overall a good drive.
We got going a little before 12.
Stopped and got some lunch.
I took the kids in to get lunch while Brent and Drew stayed outside.
I am not gonna lie....having all 4 kids, all to myself, after having several days of mostly Dad and I at the hospital.....it was quite overwhelming!
AHHHH!
Wish me luck over the next few days!
We got home around 6.
So I would say that it was pretty good timing too, considering all the stops.
We got home and we were greeted with balloons and signs and flowers at the front door and back door and all inside the house.
I know there were several families who participated in the decorating of our house.
It was so fun for the kiddos to see.
We also had a bed in the living room that the Morgans brought in.
A nice adjustable bed that we can borrow while Brent is recovering!
How awesome is that?
I think it will be so very helpful!
At home, we had a stocked fridge, cleaned house,  fresh fruits and veggies, treats for my kids to have at Easter time....
Again, I cannot believe how blessed we are to have such amazing friends.
It is nice to know that even when we are far away from family, we are still taken care of.
The rest of the Young clan came and brought us dinner.
So yummy!
A handful of the Morgans came by too.
Vern also came over with a cheesecake the Bubbles had made.
We also had a visit from Tiffiny Cluff, she brought big cards that the Primary kids in their church classes wrote.
So sweet.
Sarah Hill came
Dad was hurting pretty bad once we got home so when everyone cleared out, he zonked out.
He was awake for a little bit before the kids went to bed.
So it was nice to have a little bit of just family time too.
I think it will take a while for us to figure out our new 'normal'.
I feel overwhelmed being the one responsible for 5 other people....
But I also know that I have so many people out there, I don't need to do it alone.
I am grateful to know that.
I think I have been pretty okay at keeping my dang emotions in check....but it seems to be getting harder and harder.
Probably cause I'm tired :)


3 comments:

Emily Peterson said...

Glad you got home! I love you Kim! You have lots of help around you, so don't try to do everything all yourself. You need to make sure you recover from this as well!

Nancy said...

Glad you have so many loving people around you!!!! You will need to let those emotions out..and then you'll be ready to go again! :)

Joe and Brea said...

So thankful you made it home safe and sound. Please let those emotions out so they don't eat at you. The kids will catch on to that and they too need to heal from this tragic accident.