Monday, March 30, 2015

Monday March 30

Such a great day!
He has been doing so well!
Guess what?????
We are coming home tomorrow!!!!!
I will post more later, but I gotta get the (stinky) super hero in the shower :)


K....shower done :)
It was another great day.
It is so late, but I didn't want to not write down today.
It seems like the day all run together if I don't write them down individually!
So PT came pretty early this morning and he walked a loop around this part of the floor.
He did such a great job.
It is my job to get his back brace on, and I think I do a great job at that too :)
It is so hard for him to lay there and LET me get it on without him moving or trying to help out.
When the docs made the rounds this morning, they said we could work to be released tomorrow morning.
Yay!
So that was what we worked for.
We made plans to get the kids up here .
Elsie has been not feeling good.
I suspected a UTI :(
I found a pediatrician here by the hospital.
While waiting for time to pass until the kids came, I started working on the auto claim stuff.
I'm not gonna lie.
This is the kind of stuff Brent takes care of.
But......if he can heal a broken back, I can make some insurance calls :)
Sounds like a fair trade.
Dad got up and walked another round around the floor.
A little quicker this time and a little happier too.
Each walk just keeps getting better and better!
Each time he gets more and more ready to take this thing head on!
I won't lie.....it does take a lot out of him.
He had a good nap afterwards.
We had a cute little visitor today....Meagan Roll came out.
It has been years since we have seen her, but I keep track of her on Instagram :)
She is going to school down here and she stopped by to check on us.
What a sweet girl she is.
She also brought treats.
It was so fun seeing her......and reminded me even more how blessed we are for the people who have touched our lives over the years.
We miss their family......
The kids came around 3.
Poor Madi is not doing as good as I would like her too.
I am anxious to get her home to get her seen my her doc.
I am sure it is a lot of muscle stuff, but poor girl can barely walk without being in pain :(
I told her we would put Dads old brace from the surgery on her when we got her home.
My mom drove Elsie, Port and me to Elsie's appt.
The big girls stayed and hung out with Daddy.
I was so dumb and took Elsie potty while we were waiting to be seen!
What was I thinking?????
I am just trying to get her to go as much as I can.
So when it was our turn, of course, we couldn't get anything.
I think I sat with her in the for almost an hour.
I made her laugh and laugh (that is the best way to get her to pee :)...
But still nothing!
We got literally 4 drops.
We didn't get enough for the quick test, but we could wait two days for the culture!
AHHH!
Luckily the pediatrician believed it was a UTI, and wanted to get her started on antibiotics before we got the culture back.
YAY!
We ran to Target to get some new sweat pants and t-shirt for dad and also got the Els' prescription.
So that was a successful trip.
I hope it starts working quick.
poor girl is miserable.
And Poor Emmy has had not much sleep being up with Elsie at night :(
I can't thank Em enough for having the kids for the last few nights.
I had a hard time being away from dad just for the appt time......I just know I needed to be here the last few nights.
Maybe it was for myself...but I needed to be here.
When we came back to the hospital, we met the big girls in the cafeteria and got dinner to take up and eat with Daddy.
While getting food, Mindi came.
And she brought all our stuff from Evanston.
Yay!
When we found out we were going to be released tomorrow, we started figuring out plans and what to do.
I wanted to go back to Evanston and stay there for a couple days to get situated....figure out how I was gonna do it out of the hospital before taking the long trip home.
I was scared to be the one in sole charge if him......
BUT, he just wanted to get home.
Drew so graciously (along with about a million other people) offered to come and get us.
Seriously.....we had so many people wanting to drive us there, or come pick us up.
I could have had each kid have their own car, and then each car have it's own car barricade all around the vehicle.
That might have been a bit overboard though :)
Anyway, while taking the food up to dad we ran into Scott Morgan.
He is here for his job, and he came to see Brent.
It was so nice of him to take the time to come and chat.
After he left, we chatted with Mindi and it seemed to get late quick.
My mom left with the kiddos kinda late......
Little Elsie bug was the one who cried.
She is so tired, and doesn't feel good.
They drove off with her crying....but Madi sent me a text not too much after they left saying that she had calmed down.
We sat and talked with Mindi for a while longer waiting for Drew to come to the hospital.
Mindi's car was full of all kinds of stuff that we needed to take home with us.
Once he came, we loaded the stuff and Mindi headed home.
Drew came in for a quick second to talk with Brent.
So great of him to come down and pick up my family.
We are so ready to get home!
Well, kinda....
I'm not gonna lie.
I am still scared.
But we make a good team, and I know we can do it!

3 comments:

Michelle Burk said...

Wahoo! I knew good things were going to happen for you guys. Prayers have been answered.

Nancy said...

Yes, you can do it!!! You will amaze yourself:) So glad you are getting to go home:) No place like it!!!

Grandma Na said...

Love you my darling! You are going to handle everything like a ROCK STAR! YOU ARE A ROCK STAR!!!!