Tuesday, July 07, 2015

Tuesday July 7

It was a beautiful day today.
Still warm, but with clouds and a bit of wind.
Made for a great run this morning :)
While I was gone I got a text from Madi, Port was in a panic.
I left before anyone was awake.
I have told him before, that if he wakes up (he is always the first one awake) then to just go and get Madi.
For some reason, this morning, he was sure I ran away.
Silly kid.
He has said that a few times these past few weeks.
Running around the house in a panic looking for me because he thought I ran away.
Anyway, he was calmed down by the time I had gotten home because Dad was home from work by then.
That kid!
Anyway.
Our day today was spent getting floors ready to sand down.
We are trying to plan out the best time to sand and refinish the floors.
We are trying to work it so we can have it done by the time we leave for our reunion.
That way it can just sit and cure and be all ready when we get home.
But we have to do it in stages.
Our hope is to rent the sander tomorrow and get going on that part.
We have everything ready, except hanging the plastic.
We will do that in the morning.
So wish us luck that it all goes well!
I'm excited for the floors to be done!
And with the counters coming on Friday....we don't have a whole lot more to do!!!!!!
It is exciting!
So we spent the day trying to get the squeaks out of the spots in the original floors.
Cleaning up the room off the kitchen, which was full of stuff.
I also did laundry.
Oh laundry.....why do you take up so many hours of my life!!!!!
The kiddos were good and helped out a lot.
They also played a lot too :)
I actually made a decent dinner tonight.
I am so excited to have a kitchen all done!
I actually do love doing things in the kitchen....cooking, baking.....so it will be awesome when my kitchen is DONE!!!!!
After putting the kids to bed, I ran out to take the garbage cans in the back, and the goats were so cute.
So I wanted to take pictures to document how little they are.
Well, Port comes crying out the door, afraid I ran away again!!!!!
So I went back in and got him back in bed.
Little stinker put his arm around me so I couldn't leave until he was asleep.
I love that little guy.
He's my baby boy!
And I have probably ruined him for life!







1 comment:

Rachel said...

I love the spots! They are so cute! Is that one in the second to last picture two colored? and spotted.