Saturday, October 01, 2011

Saturday October 1

We had another busy day.
I am pretty sure it is gonna stay that way....forever.
That's okay.
It makes us happy :)


Brent started to try and mow down some of the weeds by the front of the house.....but I am thinking we are gonna need something a little more heavy duty to go over ALL the stuff we need to mow down.
We also started to take some fencing down.
The land is sectioned off in some weird ways.
So we are taking down fences so we can fence it the way we want it to be.
That is gonna take some time too.


The kids played outside while we worked.
It was a beautiful day today.
But it looks like a cold front is coming in.
We need to do a lot of stuff before it gets cold.
#1 on that list is to get a new furnace!!!!
So we plan to get that taken care of Monday.
Brent also needs to insulate our well house.
That is what you see behind the girls in the picture.


Have I mentioned that they LOVE it here????
*****
After working this morning, we tried to get a bit of Conference listening in while working on the bathroom.
That didn't go too well.
Luckily it is recorded.
I did here some of it....and I am just wanting more.
I love Conference weekend.
Maybe tomorrow we can relax a bit and enjoy it.
*****
We also got some visitors this afternoon.
The Terry family came over to hang out for a bit.
We sure miss them and our everyday interactions.
But I have no doubt we will stay close.
The kids loved it out here too, so I am sure they will make mom and dad bring them more often.....  :)
But we like visitors.
Anytime.....
Just don;t expect it to be nice and tidy and clean.
Like I told Jenni....it Kinda looks like a tornado hit.
And that is not an exaggeration :)
*****
The grass is starting to green up a bit.
It was dead dead.....it is funny how quickly little green starts shoot out of the ground....
The land was just waiting to be loved :)


The kids had fun running through the sprinkler......they got soaking wet.....but happy.
That's what matters.




Except Elsie...she is not a fan of sprinklers.
Although, with the bathroom being ripped up, I have gotten her to take a couple showers in the downstairs bathroom.
These have been the first showers of her life.
And according to her, she 'LOVES' showers now :)
(Her glasses are broken, and I haven't found the little glasses kit to fix them yet.)


Madi, posing.
She is such a goof lately :)


I still can't believe that this gets to be our life.
All the amazing things we have in store....it is so exciting!
Brent and I do wish we could get this bathroom done though.
He has had a few issues with plumbing and electrical....but he has them worked out now.
They were just time consuming.
As soon as we are done with it, we are headed outdoors to do some stuff.
Well, not some stuff, LOTS of stuff.
Oh, and I guess we should finish moving stuff into the house :)
But right now I am gonna go work on the bathroom with my hubby.

4 comments:

Sara said...

I love all the pictures!!! I am so excited to see this place sometime!

Books = Possibilities said...

Looks so great!!!

Nancy said...

I'm so excited for you guys! I love reading all the updates:)

MegJill said...

Your new place really does look idealistic. Is that the right word? It looks FUN! Especially for a "do it yourself" kind of family! I'm excited to see things come alive out there.