Friday, March 18, 2011

It's done!

I finally FINISHED it!!!!
I am so happy with it....and even better....Madi loves it!
I am glad I took the time to hand quilt it...and I even bound it the old fashioned way.
I love it!

It is a pretty good size quilt.
The back is a King size sheet, with the end unstitched....
I hope it will last her a long time.
And it is reversible!
I have a bunch of extra fabric to make her some pillow cases to match.
Anyone want to guess how long that is gonna take me?
********
Today we went to Target with the little ones.
We found some pretty awesome clearance deals there.
A nice black and decker drill for $4!
Yep, $4!
So we got one for Port to have out in the garage.
And we got another one, just cause it was such a great deal.
I am sure we will find a use for it!
We also got two little shop vacs for $6 each!
Crazy!
Well, obviously we were hanging out in the tool isle.
Port was in heaven.
We checked out and as we were walking out of the store, Brent was going over the receipt and found $30 worth of tape measures on it.
I am the one who put them on the checkout belt....he is always saying I take and loose his tape measures....so when he was buying 3 (nice expensive ones), I thought maybe that was why.
I even chuckled when I was putting them up there.
Well, apparently, Brent did not put them in the cart.
Porter did.
Silly boy!

6 comments:

Emily Peterson said...

Oh Kim!! The quilt looks SO great!!! I can't wait to see it in person next time I'm up there!

That is too funny about Porter!! He just wants to participate in the shopping!! :o) And it's too funny that you figured that Brent was just buying extra tape measures!!

Erin said...

that quilt is beautiful! i'm sure she will treasure it forever.

Nancy said...

The quilt is beautiful! You did and excellant job. I am enjoying reading about your little Elsie. Thanks for being willing to share it.

DTanner said...

You're so talented. I need to learn to sew better. The quilt looks amazing!

Books = Possibilities said...

Absolutely incredible! And Madi's looks so very happy, comfy, and warm in her new quilt!

Aa would love one that big!

Anonymous said...

WOW - what a gorgeous quilt! I want to take a tour of your home - I bet it is amazing.