Saturday, January 23, 2010

Day of surprises!

I wanted to give Brent a great birthday!
But I couldn't really spend too much money...'cause that doesn't make him happy.
So with Madi's help...we came up with a very fun day.
It first started with breakfast in bed...which is a normal birthday day thing for Dad...
This year I attempted Omelette's...not bad...but still not as good as Dad can make them!
With his breakfast there was a little clue to where his first present was hiding....
Which was on his chair...
Madi made him the classic coupon book...
With many coupons for "changing my attitude"...
Hopefully these coupons with make a great impact in our home in the future!

Next clue led us to the bathroom where Elsie had her present hiding...the movie "Supersonic saints"

Next clue took us to the pantry where Cassi his her special magnet bookmark she made for Dad and his many many books!

Next clue was for my gift, a blanket along with a rented movie.

I cheated...I finally finished the quilt I made him for Fathers Day last year...yikes!!! But I wanted to get it finished for him so he could take it to the station...I think he was happy for it to finally be done! And he was genuinely surprised that it WAS DONE!

Then there was a clue saying that we should watch the movie while Porter naps...

So we cuddled up at watched "Night at the Museum:2"
I picked that movie for a reason.

After the movie I made him some yummy lunch...have you ever eaten at Gandolfo's and had their 'burning bridge'? Well, I made that and it turned out really yummy!

The next clue led us to the "Idaho Historical Museum"

I was going to do Discovery center...but we have done that so many times and we wanted to try something new...we had a blast!


Porter and Elsie ran around 'ya ya ya-ing' like little Indians...

When we got back into the car we gave him another clue...
He could choose to go home or go to another spot...
He chose another spot...so we headed to the Morrison Knudsen Nature center.
It wasn't too bad of weather and the kids had a really good time.
Porter was a little rotten cause he was missing his second nap...but he wasn't too bad!

Notice Elsie's reflection...yes, she may look terrified...but she is actually very overly excited! She loved looking at those fish so much!
We asked another person to shoot a family shot...gotta get one of those!
Madi took this one of my birthday boy and me...pretty cute couple, right?
Porter...having fun at this point...Brent, trying to decipher which species of fish we are looking at.
Madi asked if she could borrow my camera to shot this cool rock.
I love how her shot turned out...maybe I have a future business partner...
Last clue sent us to TGI Fridays for dinner...thanks to my niece Megs we had a gift certificate to the place...so that made him happy to eat out for half the price!


Back home for his yearly birthday cheesecake.
Dad doesn't like cake!

Hope your day was special!

Happy Birthday big boy!!!

5 comments:

The Holdaway Family said...

Wow! What a fun filled day! It looks like he had a great birthday! I love the family picture too!

Cami said...

That looks like SOOO much fun!!! It makes me want to visit Idaho! Hehe. What made you want to pick that specific movie? Looks like Brent had an awesome birthday!

Books = Possibilities said...

Looks like everyone enjoyed his birthday! So much fun, and great pictures! Madi's pic of the rock is fabulous!

Brittany said...

Looks like you guys had a great time! Happy Birthday Ben! Hope it was a great one!

karen said...

Wow you did a great job on the quilt!! Great photo too - you might want to post it on orbcqa - are there more quilts in your future?